Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2012 13:00

Dell ST2220 T touch screen

Firstly what a great monitor...

Secondly how to i calibrate the touchscreen so that my finger/stylus etc can close,minimise, or close windows down to the task bar.

i've used the "Tablet PC Settings" stuff ie "configure Setup"

"Calibrate"

"Reset"

"calibrate -reset again and again etc

tried different usb lead and socket on main pc

basically all things the internet et al recommends but the touch screen will still not see stylus/finger in the top right of the screen

gave i got a duff touch screen or am i missing something

please help

565 Posts

September 13th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Let me first congratulate you for owning such a wonderful monitor

Would like to know if the drivers for the monitor are installed in the computer?

If not, install the drivers from the disc that came with the monitor.

Else, here is the link for the drivers, select the operating system that is present in the computer and then install the driver from the list: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-st2220t

After the driver is installed the Flicks icon will appear in the windows task bar.

Right click the Flicks icon. Click Flick Maps we can see the Current Flicks Settings and can customize the same.

Then try to calibrate and check if you are able close and minimize.

Also, providing the link for manual which has few troubleshooting steps:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/MONITORS/ST2220T/en/ug/solve.htm

Please post the results.

8 Posts

September 14th, 2012 02:00

hi thanks for the quic reply. PC (Win 7) say latest driver installed,uninstalled and reinstalled etc but still intermitant in the top right corner, using DVI lead (yes tried another lead) tried recalibration, tried what it says in the manual.

i am  able close and minimize but intermittantly still so problem is still there

thanks

#Idontworkfordell

565 Posts

September 14th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

The problem could be related to the monitor, there could be a concern with either the touch screen or the calibration settings.

I request you to private message the system service tag number if purchased along with the computer or the order number of the monitor. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

I’d be glad to assist you further and let you know the next course of action.

8 Posts

September 14th, 2012 08:00

hi Madhur just confirming that you have all my details, and want to find out what happens now

thanks

ps i've tried to private message but mail keeps bouncing back

8 Posts

October 1st, 2012 10:00

Still no replacement monitor. spent nearly 250 uk Pounds for something that does not work as advertised. promised replacement but nothing. spoken to 5 YES 5 people today and got cut off by 4 of them.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 05:00

Hi,  Did you get anywhere at all with this. I have exactly the same problem however it is still not working.  On searching other forums this seems to be a consistent problem but there does not seem to be a resolution.

8 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 06:00

hi i fired off about 5 emails after writing my last post to dell and at 17:50 last night got an e-mail to say a replacement was on it's way, writing this using new monitor seems to be working ok at the moment, fingers crossed for you mate, had call from dell this am asking if happy about replacement so far so good old one being collected next tuesday.

if your in uk and its still under warranty the will help you

Again good luck and keep on at them

8 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 07:00

good luck with the ebay side of things

yes the replacement is a direct and identical replacement.

if you do a quick search for "ebay" that may give you a little more info and help

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 07:00

I bought this off Ebay about 6 months ago and not sure where I stand regarding warranty.  I will have a look.

I am in the UK and have put this off as I was sure when I get the time I would find a solution.  It seems the forums are right in that there is not a sure fire resolution posted anywhere.  Your experience is the closest I have come to in getting some form of clarification that there is a fault with the monitors.  Is this a direct and identical replacement...??

No Events found!