Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 21st, 2012 00:00

Dell ST2220T with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

G'Day All,

I managed to get this monitor working with the DEVELOPER Preview by installing Win 7 Driver - This does not work with the Consumer Preview.

Is there any availability date for a Windows 8 Consumer Preview driver??

Regards,

PatManOz

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 24th, 2012 18:00

That information is not available. All you and I can do is periodically check this site.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 21st, 2012 08:00

We do not have any Windows 8 monitor drivers.

7 Posts

March 21st, 2012 15:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

WHEN do you think we might see them?

Regards,

Pat

7 Posts

March 21st, 2012 19:00

Chris

I should explain that while I have one of these monitore, I have demonstrated it to a local PC User Group.

I demonstrated it on Windows 7 and the DEVELOPER Preview of Windows 8.

This is a forward-looking group, some of whom may have an interest in purchasing the monitor.

Before committing they have asked me if it works with the CONSUMER Preview - and I cannot tell them.

Regards,

Pat

7 Posts

March 25th, 2012 00:00

Thanks for your patience Chis - I do appreciate it.

nVidia have just released a Win 8-specific driver for my GT 220.

That PLUS ST2220T Win 7 Driver PLUS fiddling with "Calibration" have given me a workable set up.

Win 8 has 3 new (compare Win7) Swipes:

_Swipe from Top Downward (App Menus) - this works quite well.

_Swipe from Right (Charms) - Works quite well.

_Swipe from Left (App thumbnails) - works but temperamental - The problem is the Bezel.

Through practice, I have got an "educated finger" (No not THAT finger :) )

I'm sure that all these could be addressed by building a "2-3mm edge bias" into the driver.

Thanks for the site reference,

Regards,

Pat

1 Message

March 28th, 2012 20:00

My DELL ST2220T worked out of the box with Windows 8 Consumer Preview Evalution copy Build 8250.... Works great.  I didn't install drivers or anything, they must have auto-installed.  I have 2 of them hooked up and both monitors show up under Devices and Printers.  Only problem I'm having is when I touch the second screen (the screen on my right), the touch input shows up at the corresponding X,Y location on the first screen (screen on my left).  Touch input on the left screen works properly.  Any suggestions?

7 Posts

March 29th, 2012 00:00

You obviously have the correct Video Driver.

Within Windows, the "x,y" DISPLAY co-ordinates of Monitor2 are at "(w+x2),y2" to extend Monitor2 from the R edge of Monitor1 (x1,y1). [w is the width of Monitor1  = x1 at its R edge]

Within the Driver the TOUCH co-ordinates seem to be individually reported (from the IR sensors) as "x1,y1" - causing Monitor2 to report IR co-ordinates that are actually on Monitor1.

I have a feeling the Dell Driver needs to be 'cleverer' at reporting Touch on Monitor2.

You could try and "Calibrate" Monitor2 (if that's actually possible) using "Tablet PC Settings" in Control Panel - be prepared to "Reset" if it gets weird.

No Events found!