Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2011 14:00

Dell ST2310

I bought a Dell ST2310 in 2009. I started experiencing problems reciently. I have red lines all over anything black. And green dots all over anything white. I initially thought it was a GPU problem, but when I plugged in another Monitor, it was in fact the Monitor. 

I looked everywhere and could not find anything about warranty on the ST2310. Would mine still be under Warranty? 

I am rather mad that after only a couple years, it is broken already. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 07:00

It all depends on what warranty you purchased. Send me the order number via private message and I will look it up.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2012 17:00

tell me about it!

my ST2310 is just 2 years old and it has gone kaput! its dim, and flickers.

i had a 1 year warranty...evidently, dell has different warranty periods for different monitors...way to make things simpler!! (i thought i was getting a 3 year warranty when i bought it)

i talked to customer support, and they had the gall to say that 2 year is plenty time for a monitor and that monitors work 2-10 years!!! thats a broad range...HWAT I GOT WAS A LEMON! i probably could have gotten a better monitor locally which would work longer than 2 years..

I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO DELL AGAIN. if something has to go wrong in 2 short years and for the money i paid...i would take my business elsewhere!!

2 Posts

September 4th, 2012 13:00

since i bought this via credit card, and most credit cards offer 1 years extended warranty, i was able to get my money back. i havent gotten it fixed yet, but i think the cclf lights need to/can be replaced...it should come out to 60-100 bucks at  a repair shop from what i gathered online. the blubs themselves are cheap, its the labor which costs...or you can DIY.

3 Posts

September 4th, 2012 13:00

I am having the same trouble with my 2 yo monitor.  Did you ever find a fix?  My monitor is extremely dim.

No Events found!