Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

January 5th, 2013 09:00

Dell SX2210t and Windows 8

Just installed Windows 8 Pro today and have had no issues except for the monitor. The only Device Manger error is wit this monitor. It just states "touchscreen" wit the exclamation point. I tried re-installing wit the Win 7 drivers with no luck. Uninstall and then re-install but no luck again. The USB works and the built in webcam works. Just the touch screen part is having a problem.

Any thoughts?

Sal

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 8th, 2013 05:00

letti001,

See this.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

January 8th, 2013 05:00

I found this information the you linked me to in your note. I may have already messed it up by trying to install the driver first. I already had teh driver file in a folder from when I installed Windows 7. I tried to install that driver. Interestingly, in Device Manager, the monitor is recognized as "touchscreen" but when checking there is no driver. Once trying to install the Win7 driver, teh Device Manager then stated "Unknown". I then went through various cycles of uninstall/install to no avail.

I tried the compatibility mode for Win 7 for the installer package to see if it made any difference, but no luck.

You cannot run the compatibility mode on a driver, just on the installer package. Or at least, I could not figure it out.

Then, I just deleted Win 8. Back to Win 7.

I had Win8 installed on a second partition with Win7 still in place so it really was not any loss other than some time.

Will try again, but not really sure how to do it differently and get the monitor to work.

Sal

No Events found!