Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

February 1st, 2011 16:00

U3011, no wake after DP enters sleep mode

Hi, I'm a first time poster.  My Dell Latittude E6410 is in the docking station and connects to a Dell U3011.  The Dell 3011 does not wake up when the DisplayPort input goes into sleep mode (I have it set at 30 minutes).  I did not have this issue with my previous monitor, the Dell U2410, which was connected by DisplayPort. My workaround is to undock the laptop and the redock it each time I need to use my computer.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Is there a real solution? 

8 Posts

December 3rd, 2012 02:00

thx guys,i also ordered MP>DP female, want to test if this males any difference then a MP>DP male.

Dell kinda already said the monitor could be replaced, but i am scared same problem will occur.

Besides i dont have a single dead pixel.

I also can still get my money back, but whats the alternative

8 Posts

December 5th, 2012 02:00

Ok with this cable it works lol,combined with the DP>DP from Dell. Not had any problems since. Even after a night so.

February 12th, 2013 12:00

Hi, perhaps this is a mirage or a February miracle but the monitor is properly returning from sleep.  This has been a regular Occurrence since the beginning of February 2013.  The solution for my Dell Latitude E6420 was to install the latest Dell BIOS update, version A15, and install the latest graphics drivers from Intel's website http://downloadcenter.intel.com   I hope these updates get everyone's monitors working after years of disappointment.  Good luck!  

8 Posts

April 7th, 2013 22:00

I saw that this had a verified answer. I just wanted to comment that it's not a solution for everyone and probably should not be marked as solved.

I came back to check on this thread was that mine went comatose for the 4th time today. Instead of tossing the friggin' thing out the window I decided to come back to this thread after a few months to see if there was a solution.

Side note... I noticed that stock is out or low on some places like Newegg. Maybe that's a clue that a newer model is coming out. Since the U3011 is a couple years old, hopefully a U3013 or 14 is on the hook soon. But I'm only hoping.

Once an updated model comes out, I'm going to attempt to get this replaced with the newer one under warranty. Just hope the engineers know about this thread/issue and put a better displayport controller on it.

Ok. Rant over. :emotion-1:

8 Posts

April 7th, 2013 23:00

Last post today. For real. Looks like there are coming out with the U3014... like almost now.

www.dell.com/.../pd

8 Posts

Oh. Just saw that the original had the solution. that makes sense. Nevermind :-)

yes.  in case of any use, i have two U3011s (one at home and one at work),  my main solution is to totally remove power from U3011 when not in use, and then when macbook is reconnected and U3011 powered on it always waits for synch with mini-display-port.  2nd solution (if U3011 remains connected to power) is to wake up macbook at exactly same time (or before) that i turn on the U3011 so it has no time to slip into power-save mode.  -fv.

November 16th, 2013 06:00

One thing I just noticed after a recent Windows upgrade, my ThinkPad X201 Tablet in the docking station now listed a generic plug and play monitor driver instead of the U3011...so I reinstalled the driver.  Hopefully that works.  I'll post results later.

June 7th, 2014 17:00

Hi Norb8, Unplugging the monitor's power cord for 10 seconds fixed my issue.  Thank you for the post.    I have a U3014 and when the computer would go to sleep and then wake the monitor would not wake.  I could press the power button on the monitor twice and it would wake up but this was annoying.  Pulling the power on the display fixed my particular issue.  Thanks again!

4 Posts

August 10th, 2014 12:00

So I think I had the same issue and I fixed this by uninstalling the drivers that Windows 8.1 installed on the U3011 and manually updating the drivers to the U3011 from 2010 from Dell.  This resolved my sleep wake issues and artifacting on the DP cable that I got.

No Events found!