Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2010 10:00

Dell Ultrasharp U2311H Updated Firmware required

Please provide the updated firmware of Dell Ultrasharp U2311H  current firmware is A00. This is the first post of mine in dell community  hope to get the top noch support from u.

I just purchased Dell Ultrasharp monitor u2311H "23" on 16 Oct 2010. On the first day it start giving the problem. Pixel's are flickring so much causing headake while reading the text or doing any think on the monitor.I even try VGA mode and DVI mode and  even try the other system with this monitor but the problem still persist  . I have other LCD monitor also but it is working perfectly without any issue.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

October 19th, 2010 11:00

Are you only using the Dell supplied cables?

Is the desktop resolution set to the monitor default of 1920x1080 at 60Hz?

What video card?

Video card driver version?

What operating system?

8 Posts

October 19th, 2010 20:00

Yes using Dell supplied cables (Even tried other cable)

yes using 1920*1080 at 60Hz (Also tried other resolution)

Video card ATI HD 5770 (Even tried the onboard video card)

Video card version - Latest one 8.771.0.0

OS -XP sp3 and windows 7 both

I Even attach this monitor to other system still the problem persist

But all in vain

Screenshot of the flickring pixel

http://i53.tinypic.com/22ibnq.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?a54aba476a.jpg

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

October 20th, 2010 06:00

Get it replaced. If you only have a monitor order number, you should contact Order Support. If your monitor was purchased tied to a Dell PC, contact Technical Support. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Operating system:
Video Card:
Video Card Ports Tested:
Reason: Flickering Pixel Issue
Troubleshooting Done:

8 Posts

October 24th, 2010 07:00

I just get the replacement done. Just for the curiosity i want to know is there is any updated firmware for this model u2311H as the previous model also have the same firmware version A00 and the replaced one also have the same firmware version A00. I the updated firmware available please provide it.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

October 25th, 2010 06:00

Nope. Only the A00.

10 Posts

October 25th, 2010 06:00

.....is there is any updated firmware for this model u2311H as the previous model also have the same firmware version A00 and the replaced one also have the same firmware version A00....

I have the very same question.

I've had mine replaced b/c of a couple issues with the display and the replacement has the same issues along with 2 new issues, while its the same A00 version. Running out of patience now.

8 Posts

October 25th, 2010 21:00

I think the updated firmware should be on the top priority for u 2311H. As i read many user having the problem, hope dell will launch the updated firmware to solve different problem that are encounter by different user .

10 Posts

October 26th, 2010 04:00

@Panku- Where are you from?

8 Posts

October 26th, 2010 05:00

which cable vishal u are using DVI-D or normal VGA cable. As i try both VGA and dvi-d  cable there is vast difference in the performance of DVI-D and normal vga cable. So i recommend u to try DVI-D cable.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

October 27th, 2010 09:00

Panku,

It takes a catastophic failure to get firmware upgrade. The forum users only account for .5% of purchasers. Most purchasers never even contact us. I take your feedback and send it up to engineering. That is all I can do.

10 Posts

November 18th, 2010 08:00

edit@DELL-Chris

Any update on the firmware upgrade?

I mainly work with images. snapped with proper cameras and I edit them myself before getting them professionally printed. Now the problem is with this issue, i cant see the image properly which has resulted in VERY BAD results. The monitor is of little use and i had to move back to my TV panel for editing work.

I have the A00 version bought on the last day of August and I have been having an issue since day one, contacted the Customer care on the 3rd day after triting every  possible option to rectify the problem. The problem is that the monitor exhibits very bad tonal gradation specially in the grey areas(eg: hair) And also, the dark parts are brightened up like if one was to view the same image on a TN panel from a couple inches higher than normal while the bright parts of the image are normal. Certian blacks have a huge overtone of green to them. Certian dim/dark parts are also displayed with a good amount of desaturation which makes them look almost black and white.

When the same pics are viewed on another monitor the pics look fine(hot swapping the cable). I have tried IPS panel LCDs, 2 Plasmas apart from every LCD i could lay my hands in combination with several computers(laptops and desktops).

The of the best advise I have got so far from the customer care guys from Bangalore.Worse still, most of these guys hung up midway during the conversation.

• One of them,"you should have bought an ultrasharp monitor"
  • Another one was,"you should have tried it out before buying it"
  • Another,"You should have read reviews before buying it"
  • another,"problem is with the microsoft software you are using to view the pics"

Now what can possibly be wrong with microsoft picture and fax viewer? yeah, when I try opening a RAW image on ADOBE photoshop it looks like its been drawn from crayons on this monitor- but I didnt even start talking about it yet. Using the ICM file with photoshop makes the texture go absolutely unreal and weird.

Certian edited & optimized pics look nice  on the monitor, but is difficult to edit a pic to make it look like the edited/optimised pic viewing it on this monitor.

Text, MS office  and applications alike it look lovely on the monitor, so do studio type pics where every part is lit very well, or even bright pics-look perfect. Problem comes with pics which have both bright and dull areas.

• It being a plug and monitor, shouldn't absolutely need the ICM driver but either way it doesn't work. Turns worse when the ICM file is used.
  • I have tried playing out with every setting on the monitor, have reset it a dozen times.

When I emailed pictures and videos of the problem I was told by the customer care guys that I should not compare this monitor with other brands. Sad.

• I requested for my new monitor to be fixed-but that is against DELL policy I was told but CC.
  • Requested for a firmware upgrade to A01, the CC guy laughed, told me there is nothing such as that.
  • Requested an engineer to be sent to check out the issue- was told its against DELL policy
  • Requested for a different model which displays stuff normally- again told its against DELL policy,
  • I requested for a refund, but again told that's against DELL policy.

An I have become an idiot to have bought the monitor after reading good reviews of it.Oh wait, were the reviews of A01 version!?! may be. But that isn't available here. Now, even customer support has stopped replying to emails. I have hardly  got to use either of the monitors for more than 20 hours, b/c they casue such a handicap.

Im on my 1st replacement, compared to my first monitor it doesn't solve the issue but it has added with the green overtone.

Recently I upgraded my video card to but its doesnt help. Even REINSTALLED windows XP Same problems with all CPU combinations over the DVI connection. With ANY other monitor/TV panel the problem show.

Again, I want to make myself clear this is a sort of a QUANITATIVE issue, not an absolute qualitative issue. Its about how this U2311h not doing what even a simple 6 year old LCD does and also the latest local dimming LED LCD panel does and also a thing which CRTs and plasmas do.

• Main System Specs: Pentium 4 3GHZ, intel 915 motherboard, 2GB RAM, running XP SP3 with MSI N210 MD1G/D3 video card (driver-6.14.12.5896) (over DVI connection)
  • Dell lap top specs: INSPIRON 1545, 3GB ram, running windows 7, intel mobile graphics(driver version: 8.15.10.2202) (over the VGA connection)
  • And I have also used half a dozen CPUs and monitors. The main being my old monitor(over VGA), a LG LH 90 LCD TV panel & LG 50PK550 plasma TV panel (both over HDMI)

The problem happens even with pictures from a Canon 5D mark2 ONLY with this monitor among all I have.....I wouldn't be surprised if you were to suggest that I upgrade/use a better camera..so has been the experience with DELL CC so far.

Want pics/videos of the issue?  I can post as many as you want but the vids would have to be hosted some where, youtube or something.

This is my last try, I'll have to look at other options if a solution isn't found. The same information with pictures on mouth shut.com and forwarding the issue with the log to local news papers explaining the you-bought-it-and-now-we-don't-care attitude off DELL.

21 Posts

July 17th, 2011 16:00

I am also having the pixel flicking problem described in the first post + several shades of green are appearing as bright purple.

21 Posts

July 21st, 2011 07:00

panku your issue is a hardware fault, if you are still in warranty get a replacement. I had the exact same issues, and I got mine replaced and now I have none.

No Events found!