Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 28th, 2009 07:00

Display Driver Issue - 19 inch Dell Monitor - Digital/Analog

Have a standard Dell Digital/Analog 19-inc Monitor that is approx 2-3 years old

My newest rig is an ASUS Mo/Bo (L1) with two (2) AMD 2X Processors on it and 8 GIG's RAM (Patriot), etc.

I am running M/S XP Prof (32) and M/S Vista Vista Ultimate (64) on separate WD Raptors and can boot to either O/S.

On the 64-bit side I am I have had no display issues for the 1 1/2 years I have operated the rig,  Recently I am getting jiggling after the system is up for 10-15 mins and then a blue screen that in part reads "Display driver......."

I would initially think I have a driver issue between the monitor and the 64 O/S but all has been fine for 1 1/2 years... why now?

Do I need to get an update driver and if so which and from where?

Is there another under-lying issue at play?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

14.4K Posts

March 28th, 2009 07:00

IF you are experiencing this issue on both sides then it could be the video card starting to fail. However the updating of the drive is the best first step and may in fact be the whole problem.

You dont mention what you have for a video card but I would go to the vendors web site and obtain and install the latest drivers from them.

43 Posts

March 28th, 2009 10:00

When you mention driver are you talking Monitor or Video Card.

If the latter I can go to EVGA and/or NVIDIA www's  

Since I have two cards in SLI how do I determine which of the two may be problematic?

43 Posts

I have two (2) EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS (DDR2/512MB/PCI-E in SLI

43 Posts

When you say driver are you talking about the Video Card Driver which I can get from EVGA and/or NVIDIA?

14.4K Posts

March 28th, 2009 11:00

Yes the video card. There are no drivers for monitors. only color tuning and sometimes some programing info that will list the modes of the monitor and such.

So go to either place and get the latest drivers. In case you are not aware, if you go to EVGA they will just link you to the Nvidia site. So the driver file will be the  same either place.

Troubleshooting duals usuall involes just running with one at a time. you would pull one out or disable the SLI and then swap the cards to make one primary

43 Posts

March 28th, 2009 14:00

OK.. Have loaded Vista-64 driver (182.08) from EVGA/NVIDIA www.

Also loaded SLI Patch Enhancement

Will see how it goes

If problem(s) will remove the SLI bridge strap and then start swapping out the cards

Thanks for the help

43 Posts

March 28th, 2009 16:00

All is well with Vista -64 after I simply removed the SLI connector provided with the ASUS MoBo.

The two (2) EVGA Video Cards remain slotted?

What's that all about?

Is my MoBo reading just one card or both?

14.4K Posts

March 28th, 2009 17:00

Without the bridge the cards are just running as single cards.

No Events found!