I am wondering if anyone knows whether I can use 4+ monitors with my current system configuration:
Dell XPS 8900 with a GeForce GTX 745 graphics card.
I currently have 3 monitors using DVI, VGA and HDMI connectors. I am wondering whether I can connect a fourth monitor to the onboard DisplayPort connector as well? Since the graphics card only supports three monitors, I may have to remove one of the existing (DVI, VGA or HDMI) and daisychain or use a hub for a second DP monitor.
Can I have two DP monitors and two of either DVI, VGA or HDMI with this system?
Asking because Dell customer service over the phone did not have an answer.
The GeForce GTX 745 cannot drive a dual monitor daisy chain because that video card does not have a DP or mDP out port.
The XPS 8900 onboard DP out port cannot drive a dual monitor daisy chain.
There are three options for video port usage on the XPS 8900, all based on what you choose in the Bios- Display;
* Set it to Multi Display Disabled, Primary Display Intel HD Graphics
- Remove the added PCIe x16 video card from the system
- Use either the onboard HDMI out or onboard DisplayPort out
* Set it to Multi Display Disabled, Primary Display Nvidia HD Graphics
- Use the added PCIe x16 video card as your only Graphics
- The onboard HDMI out and onboard DisplayPort out are turned OFF
* Set it to Multi Display Enabled, Primary Display AUTO
- The onboard HDMI out is Primary
- The onboard DisplayPort out is Secondary
- The added PCIe x16 video card ports are Tertiary, Quaternary, Quinary
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message:
Dell Monitor Service Tag number, 20 digit S/N, A0x revision
Dell PC Service Tag number
Drivers and Downloads