Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2010 07:00

HIS HD4670 1Gb Video Card... What Widescreen Monitor?

Hi, all...

I recently installed an HIS 1Gb HD4670 video card in a slightly more than 5-1/2 year old Dimension 4700 desktop, and also installed the display-only drivers for it from the ATI site (this video card has an 8-way channel high-definition audio bus, but I am running Win XP SP 3, and that version of the OS doesn't seem to support the high-definition audio bus: I had a lot of trouble with a messed-up PC when I tried to install those drivers!).

The question is this. I am using a Dell UltraSharp monitor model 1704FPT. The maximum resolution supported that I can see is 1280x1024, and I am running that currently... without problems.

I would like to go to an ultrasharp widescreen (16:9? aspect?) monitor, supporting whatever the usual screen resolution is at 24" wide... 1400x900? Will my video card support this resolution on a widescreen monitor? Also, since my current monitor has speakers mounted on/integrated with it, I would like a widescreen monitor that would have the same arrangement. Assuming my new video card can support a 24" widescreen monitor... does anyone have suggestions for a monitor of that size that would have speakers mounted on/integrated with it? Any advice appreciated!!

Best regards.

Tony

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 6th, 2010 15:00

None of our monitors have integrated speakers. All of our monitors have bottom brackets for the Sound Bar. The resolutions required are not a problem for that video card.

18 Posts

February 6th, 2010 17:00

Thanks for the reply!

My current Dell monitor has an attached sound bar that allows an input cable from my sound card to be plugged into it... does the AX510PA sound bar also allow an input cable from a sound card? Thanks...

Best regards.

Tony

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 8th, 2010 05:00

All of the SoundBars attach to the sound card green jack.

18 Posts

February 8th, 2010 07:00

Hi, Chris... thanks for the response.

The sound bar that I have on my current monitor accepts a cable from the sound card green jack. But the sound bar itself does not have an independent power supply. I would like to purchase the S2209W monitor and the sound bar for it, but does the sound bar for that monitor require an independent power supply? I would prefer not to have the sound bar require its own power supply... is there a sound bar for the S2290W that does not require its own power supply? Please advise, and thanks!

Tony

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 8th, 2010 08:00

The bottom of the S2209W does not have a port to power a Soundbar. You have to get a Soundbar that has it's own Power adapter.

No Events found!