Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2008 15:00

Horizontal Lines

I have a Dell XPS/Dimension 410/9200, with a 20W 2007WFP(HF730) Monitor (MX 0HF730 46634 687 12HL) ...
1HF730DISPLAY..., FLAT PANEL DISPLAY..., 20W, 2007WFP, BLACK..., DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION...
1NR603CARD (CIRCUIT)..., MULTI-MEDIA..., AUDIO..., SB0467
1RD729CARD (CIRCUIT)..., MULTI-MEDIA..., TVT3CR, LEAD FREE...
1HH748CARD (CIRCUIT)..., GRAPHICS..., 256, 7900, GS, HMGA14

My computer came with Windows XP, but I upgraded it to Vista ... I may be going back to the XP soon.  Anyway, for weeks now, off and on, I have been getting black horizontal lines on my screen and they are starting to get very annoying.   They pop up everywhere.  Also, when my computer is booting up, on the black sceen you can see a whole bunck on pixels  showing in different colors.  Sometimes you can see it on web pages too. I am including pics so you can see what I am talking about.  I uploaded pics to this link ...  http://community.webshots.com/user/EliciaJ35             Is my video card bad or is it the monitor? 

Also, another problem I am having now is when I have my mouse pointer on the task bar, on one of the tasks, a little pop up window, showing what that is, shows up, which is fine, but the all of a sudden there diagonal lines coming out of it and going towards the center of the screen.  This happens with all of my messenger screens too.  What causes that?   Someone Please help me.  This is driving me nuts!!!! 

1.7K Posts

April 21st, 2008 16:00

The stuck pixel thing is a monitor issue. The lines could be monitor, cable  or video card. I'd try different drivers and resolution to see if t hat resolves it. Is you cable connected tightly? Is it a running exactly parallel to the power cord?

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2008 22:00

My computer is back to normal again ... I tried everything you said, but the lines and other things were still there.  I ended up ordering a new graphics card and I was shocked when it got here today.  I just put it in a little while ago and the lines and everything else are now gone.  I'm so happy now!!!  They were very annoying!!!!.  Thanks for your help.
No Events found!