Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

May 17th, 2007 05:00

I Can't get out of 16 bit color!!!

I had to re-format my computer recently. Me and my room mate live in an appartment and have a LAN Rogers internet connection. Her internet is working fine, and I can't seem to get mine to get on the internet. However, I do not remember how I got the internet running on my computer when we first moved in (her computer has the main internet thing where all of the cords are plugged in). So, I thought that I would try and install the Rogers CD on my computer, but when I tried to do that it gave me this message:

"Setup has detected that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements needed to install and setup Rogers Yahoo! Hi-Speed Internet.

Setup has detected that your display settings do not meet the minimum requirements. In order to install this program, you must change your display settings to at least 256 color and at least 800 X 600 screen resolution, then restart setup."

But the thing is, that my computer won't let me get out of 16 bit color!!!

HELP!!!!

2K Posts

May 17th, 2007 06:00

what is your computer model number?

When I put in the drivers cd, it says:

"Dell recommends installing the Notebook/Desktop System Software prior to installing"

...but I cannot find that anywhere on the cd!

2K Posts

You probably need to install device drivers, in particular LAN and graphics adapter.

May 17th, 2007 07:00

Dell Dimension 2400 Series: Model MTC2

2K Posts

May 17th, 2007 08:00

It might be easier to just download the drivers you need.

Identify your graphics adapter: Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Adapter. Then go here and download the appropriate driver. Follow the instructions to install.

To check if you need other drivers go to Device Manager and look for any devices with a question mark or exclamation mark.
No Events found!