Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2013 09:00

Intermittent color noise on right half of U3011 display

Pictures will explain this best:

The display will be fine for a while, then I'll suddenly see shimmering bands of bright color across the right half of the panel. It comes and goes, apparently at random. It seems to trigger on specific RGB values. The background on both shots above should be a perfectly uniform. Of course it's not this obvious on a normal desktop or playing a movie; I picked the colors above to make the issue stand out on a low-res photo.

Though this behavior is intermittent, it's identical both PC and Mac, using both DVI and DisplayPort. Different operating systems, video cards, cables, and inputs. The color bands will shift around the screen if I adjust the color settings, but once they're visible, they won't go away though any combination of settings I've tried.

Suggestions welcome. If nothing works, can I still RMA the monitor? It's not quite a year old, shipped 11/27/2012.

Thanks in advance!

November 22nd, 2013 08:00

Thank you for the prompt reply. You're right, I should have referred to the warranty, not RMA.

The system recognizes my service code but the link above loops me back to the Research page. No warranty information is provided. However, I was able complete a warranty request via the call center, so it must be covered :)

Thanks again!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 20th, 2013 11:00

Six Impossible,

You cannot return the U3011 for RMA credit or refund. If under warranty, Dell Technical Support can exchange it for another U3011. The U3011 has a Dell Service Tag number. Input the tag here, click the warranty tab to see the warranty start and end dates.

No Events found!