Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2017 07:00

Is U2715H compatible with MacBook Pro early 2017? Power Save Mode

Hello,

Thanks for all the previously answered questions, Chris.

However, it is still unclear to me whether Dell Monitor U2715H is compatible with MacBook Pro. Before I purchased, I called Dell to confirm, but now all I get is Power Save Mode. I have verified the Input Sources per the directions, as well as other combinations. I have also purchased dongles so that there are no leaves left unturned. I would really appreciate additional help trying to figure this out. I find it hard to believe that returning it or exchanging is the right option since both computer and monitor are latest versions and both brand new. 

Thanks so much,

DZ

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 18th, 2017 08:00

Unfortunately, all we can go by is the U2715H page which shows us the supported operating systems =

We are only trained to assist you in troubleshooting if you connect to a Windows based computer.

We are not trained in the usage of the proprietary Apple operating system, drivers, and hardware. You should post on the Apple Support Communities and see if they can offer some insight or troubleshooting steps.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2017 07:00

Chris,

Thank you for the response. I am returning the monitor today.

Could you please advise me on a similar model by chance that does work with a MacBook Pro early 2017? I am an architect who works with Adobe Suite and AutoCad and Rhino.

Thank you so much in advance if you could lend me your advice.

DZ

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 20th, 2017 12:00

Apologies, I was off on Friday.  The only Dell monitor that we actually tested on Apple was the high ended UP2715K. My advice, talk the Apple users before making any moves. Based on their Forum, they have stated that the newest Thunderbolt 3/USB-C/USB3.1 Apple out ports need specific cabling to work with our monitors DP in ports.

Apple Thunderbolt 3/USB-C/USB3.1 out port --> Thunderbolt 3/USB-C/USB3.1 to DP adapter --> DP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in

3 Posts

May 24th, 2017 17:00

Chris

Thanks for your response. I confirm that the UP2715K and the U2715H are both compatible with my MacBook Pro 15" I purchased in January 2017 by using the two adaptors you mentioned in your post above.

"Apple Thunderbolt 3/USB-C/USB3.1 out port --> Thunderbolt 3/USB-C/USB3.1 to DP adapter --> DP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in"

(Though, the U2715H was glitchy for me, but that may have been a faulty to being with.)

Thank you for your advice!

DZ

No Events found!