Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2009 19:00

Monitor S2409W

I just receive my monitor. I hook the HDMI port to my computer HDMI port. I set the display 1920x1080. The display screen is only 80% of screen.  Can someone helps or show me how to set the display up to 100% of screen. I try to chat with DELL online but keep asking me the service tag which I could not locate on my monitor. 

Thanks,

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 21st, 2009 12:00

Tritx,

What happens if you press the #3 Auto Adjust button? 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

2 Posts

June 21st, 2009 16:00

The same thing happened to me yesterday, although I have an DVI connection. The resolution is set correctly, the image is centered, but there was 1" border all around.

Also, the service tag from this monitor was rejected as invalid at dell support, so I had to resort to my own troubleshooting.

I fixed the problem as follows. Note this was working for me, having an nvidia graphic card.

1.  Go to "Nvidia Control Panel"

2. "Video & Television"

3. "Resize HDTV desktop"

4. "Do not resize my Desktop"

This set the picture properly.

I think the monitors own "Auto Adjust" button is applicable only for analog, VGA connections, and will not help DVI or HDMI connected monitors.

Give it a try.

Bob

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 18:00

Nvidia Control Panel? where is it? Please help.

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 18:00

Auto Adjust button - I can not move or high light the Auto Adjust button.

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 20:00

If you have NVidia video card, at windows vista you should find it by right click on the desktop.

Also you can find it in Control Panel.

But that only works if you have NVidia graphics card. For other graphic cards I cannot help you.

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 22:00

Thanks for your help. I have M3A78-EMH HDMI and CPU ADM HD985ZXAGHBOX PHENOM Quad-core 9850. ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics build in mother board. I 'm waiting for Dell help to show me how to fix this problem. OS is XP home edition.

3 Posts

June 24th, 2009 10:00

I just receive my monitor. I hook the HDMI port to my computer HDMI port. I set the display 1920x1080. The display screen is only 80% of screen. 

I have GA-MA78GM-DS2H rev 2x HDMI and AMD PHENOM 11X4 940 QUOD-CORE processor VISTA 64 bit system

Same problem as Tritx

6 Posts

June 24th, 2009 11:00

ince you have the ATI drivers, try right-clicking on the desktop to launch the ATI Catalyst Control Center. There you will be able to enable scaling, though it's usually set to scale by default.

As a side note, I have this monitor and it seems to scale all resolutions below 1920 x 1080 to use the entire display real estate. I want to be able to turn off hardware scaling but can't!

3 Posts

June 24th, 2009 13:00

Hi thanks 5eIBAdDi your info fixed it for me thanks again.

regards eltinar

6 Posts

June 27th, 2009 15:00

really? it's fixed for you? I just plugged in my HDMI cable and i'm seeing the same black bars at the edges when when scaling is turned on, but using the DVI port I get full use of screen. I'll have to play around with it some more.

3 Posts

June 28th, 2009 07:00

Hi yes your info on scaling fixes it for me , with scaling options set to OVERSCAN 0% AND A TICK IN USE THE SCALING VALUES INSTEAD OF CUSTOMIZED SETTINGS

ALL WORKING FIRST CLASS.

REGARDS jim.

No Events found!