Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2008 05:00

Monitor won't 'sleep'

Cross-posted in 'Community" but thought I would get a better response here in XPS. Hope this is ok.

All worked well until I upgraded to the 9500GT 512 mb Nvidia card and latest nvida drivers. No problems with card or software install (other than a quick message about hibernation not working or something similar). All power options checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked and rechecked. Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. No help.

The monitor error box stays on at the initial 'sleep stage' saying "no power connection. check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the power off to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and immediately goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of the mouse or keyboard. An annoyance or screen burn issue if I forget to cut power to monitor when I finish. Finger pointing is the name of the game when I call Nvidia and LG (monitor)

Anyone of you experts have any ideas? Thanks in advance. :emotion-6:

Vista 32bit w/SP1
XPS 410
LG 28" HG281D Monitor
4GB memory

25 Posts

August 30th, 2009 07:00

The answer is here:

http://www.tombeauchamp.com/2009/08/fix-for-hanns-g-28-monitor-and-nvidia-gpu-sleep-mode-problem/comment-page-1/#comment-241

Updating Nvida software/card causes the HANNS-G HG281D monitor hooked up via HDMI cable to 'think' it is attached to HDTV NOT HDMI....Finally an answer that workd after nearly a year>

No Events found!