Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2012 07:00

Multi Monitor Solutions

Hi All

I'm getting prepared to work with Animation and 3D modelling running a T7500 Precision Workstation which has a Quadro 5000 1.5GB card installed.  Presently this is conected to an older versio of the UltraSharp 27" monitor.  This work okay but I want to switch to a multi monitor solution.

The system's been upgraded to Win 8.

I have several questions :

1. How many monitors can the Qaudro 5000 support? (I can't seem to find this exactly but I have a myriad of DVI-D and DisplayPort connector's on the back but I'm not sure which are replication ports and which are capable of running a monitor).

2. I like the S-Series monitors as they don't cost an arm and a leg but their connectivity seems a little limited.  Only the S2340T appears to have DisplayPort and all the thers rely on VGA or HDMI.

3. I was thinking of 2 x S2340L's with a S2340T centred (or perhaps the S2440L?).  I originally had a U27 and a U23 but I found the differences in size too great.  Would the extra inch on the 24 monitors create a large difference (assuming they are all running at the same resolution).

4. Are there any huge differences in quality/colour etc between the UltraSharp and the S ranges?  There's a fair price difference.....

5. Do the S series have a VESA plate on the back for the possibility of later mounting on a 3 monitor arm?

If the Quadro 5000 can't support three monitors can someone sugget a fairly cheap alternative to upgrade to? (No I don't mean the 6GB Tesla!!!!!!).

Main app I'm interested in running is Poser Pro 2012, Bryce and possibly a modelling app such as Rhino or Hexagon.....

Thanks in advance.

129 Posts

December 12th, 2012 07:00

Hmmm srrry...

The quadro 5000 is actually a 2.5GB card.

Looks like the secs say "Active Monitor Channels" is 2.  I'm assuming that means it can only support 2 monitors at ay one time.

Which makes me wonder if I should get an identical card to go with it (I don't know if they can run CrossFire or SLI?).  Or is there a professional grade card that can do this all on one card and I simply replace the card itself?

No Events found!