Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2017 18:00

My UP2516D second monito does not have signal

I have two UP2516D monitors, both were working find. However just today, a few minutes after I turn on the computers both monitors came on normal, but then one of the monitos when black and keep saying no HDMI/MHL1 signal from your device. The problem is that once this happen I am not able to use the other monitor either. I have to turn of the computer unplug the monitors cables and leave just one connected so I can use my PC. I tried connecting both monitors but had the same lock, it comes on for a few minutes and them goes off again. One monitor is connected direct to my PC and the other is connected via the DisplayLink adapter. I tried changing the cables and even using different type of cables but no luck. Not sure what's going on. How can I solve the issue and be able to use both of my monitors at the same time. I

532 Posts

May 9th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department and we are here to assist you. Please let us know if the monitors are connected in a daisy chain. If yes, we’d like you to connect the laptop to one monitor at a time and check if you are getting the right display on the screen. This will help us isolate the issues and help us troubleshoot in a right direction.

2 Posts

May 10th, 2017 09:00

Hi Lijo

I have an Dell OptiPlex 7040, which only have one HMDI input. So one of my monitors is connected direct to computer and the other monitor was connected using the DisplayLink plug and play that I was sold when I bought the 2 monitors to use with my OptiPlex. Both monitors work, if I plug them separate, but if I put them together like I have them before after a few minutes the one that is not connected direct to the PC goes out and it blocks me from using the other one. So I have to disconnect, unplug and star all over again, very frustrating. What do I need to do ? Can I call someone that helps me right away, I need the two monitors to work, so I can do my job more efficiently.

532 Posts

May 13th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for the update. As the monitors are functioning when connected to the laptop individually, we can confirm that there are no issues with the hardware in the monitor. There could be an issue with the setting on the laptop. Have you tried updating the graphics driver? If not, please access our support site and try installing the graphics driver and check if there is any difference.

Regards,

Lijo

No Events found!