Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 22:00

New S2009W Monitor - Problems with Brightness/Contrast - Help. . . .

Hi,

I have just purchased a new 2209W from Best Buy.  It is connected to my Windows XP computer with a DVI cable. I am unable to adjust the brightness and/or contrast to get clean reproduction of dark tones in graphics and video.

Anything image that is black(or any dark tones for that matter) is extremely noisy with green fuzz or blotches and a very 'plastic' or unrealistic appearance.

This is strictly limited to photos and video.  Webpage graphics and Windows applications look reasonably accurate and respond well to adjustment of the monitor via OSD.  Also, with DVD's or YouTube video, it is as if there is a cloud or greyish filter over the image.  The contrast just does not pop.

I followed the troubleshooting steps on the Dell support site with no luck.  I have tried various adjustments of the monitor controls, video card settings(NVIDIA GeForce 8500) and Windows display properties AND every possible combination of those, with no luck.

Since there is no Service Tag on the monitor, I cannot chat with Dell support, or call for phone support.  I did speak to someone at Dell who told me that since the product was not connected to a Dell computer, he could not help me.

I am very frustrated with this, and unless I am lucky enough to find someone who recognizes my issue and offers a solution, I will have to return the monitor to the retail store while I can still take advantage of their return policy, and I will definitely be forced to look at other brands.

I was really excited to 'upgrade' from CRT to LCD, with a Dell product that I found to be reasonably priced, but this has been a serious setback that has cost me quite a bit of time and put me behind with some projects.

I would appreciate anyone who could suggest a remedy or point me in the direction that I should take with this.

Thanks,

JP in TN

8 Posts

March 11th, 2009 03:00

Hi

Try to conntact 'DELL-Jummy P' in this forum, he works there...

2 Posts

March 11th, 2009 07:00

Thanks. . .

No Events found!