Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 23rd, 2004 15:00

OptiPlex 270 and 1703 FP and Nvidia issue

We are having an issue after we rolled out 20 new 270's with the monitor freezing/crashing into some sort of frenzy...(red, black, white lines vertically all over the monitor) The only way to fix the issue is to turn the pc off or vnc into the pc and shut it down. When the pc boots back up the monitor is fine.

This is happening for no apparent reason...we have disabled power save in windows, disabled screen saver in windows, set the monitors to every single resoultion and refresh rate. I have downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers for the video card.

Still no luck. The monitor just 'craps' out at various times as well. Many times it will be while the pc has sat for an hour or just in the middle of someone working on there pc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Russ

• 

16.7K Posts

June 23rd, 2004 18:00

pditty97,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Is this happening with more than one 1703fp monitor?

7 Posts

June 23rd, 2004 19:00

It is happening on all 20 monitors.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 24th, 2004 13:00

pditty97,

It very well could be the video card causing this to happen. Try putting a few of the monitors on other systems to see if the problem follows the monitor. If so, you need to contact Dell to have the troubleshoot and resolve the issues you are having with these systems and replace the bad parts.

22 Posts

June 29th, 2004 00:00

Is this with the analog or digital video cable? We have a very similar problem on GX270 w/nVidia AGP video card and 1801fp monitors if we use the digital cable, but have not been able to reproduce the problem when we change to the analog cable on the workstations.

Nick Payne

7 Posts

June 29th, 2004 10:00

We actually have installed both and still had the problems. There is a DVI recover utility that Dell provides, that "flashes" the internal "memory" of the monitor. After running this utility on boot up on the pc, and then reinstalling the latest nvidia video card drivers from there website, the problem has been non-existent for about a week or so now. If interested in having me email you the utility, email me at rkrall@oxforddevelopment.com

Thanks,

Russ

7 Posts

June 30th, 2004 10:00

FALSE ALARM...Problem re-occured this morning...

Contacting dell AGAIN and demanding some sort of rebate on these machines!! This is absoultely uncalled for...

7 Posts

July 14th, 2004 14:00

Well, Dell has sent me a replacement monitor to try on one machine and a replacement video card for another...We'll see which one bites the dust first

5 Posts

September 27th, 2004 19:00

Did you have any luck with the new monitor or video card?  I am seeing the same problem on the same hardware.

Thanks,

Andy

7 Posts

September 28th, 2004 10:00

I was actually able to resolve the problem by uninstalling the old drivers for the nvidia video card and then I booted the pc to the floppy drive that had  the DVI monitor flash tool from dell on a floppy and then i had to reinstall the latest greatest nvidia drivers from nvidias website.

let me know if you have any other questions,

thanks,

Russ

7 Posts

October 13th, 2004 13:00

that i have had at least 30 people contact me for a description of the fix and requests for the files needed...

KEEP EM' COMING TO ME PEOPLE... it sure looks like dell doesn't know what they are doing...

3 Posts

November 1st, 2004 15:00

I am having the same problem with GX270 and 1703FP monitor.   The other instance of the monitor going out is after a power outage.  The system is up but the LED on the front of the monitor is amber.  The only way to get it back is to reboot the system, which is a pain.  Dell has no reference to this problem in the knowledge base.  HELP!
No Events found!