Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2017 13:00

P2214Hb, wall mount

Hey guys, I would like to mount my Monitor on the wall right behind my little desk so that I can also use the desk for my laptop when needed, which is all the time, switching back and forth. I really need an inexpensive mount that will allow me to save space on the desk, which means, it should sit as flush as possible but at the same time need a little Tilting ability. Also, the most important would be for it to slide up enough for me. What I like to do is work on Laptops etc. and have my monitor above so that I can still see it, but when not working on another pc, would like it to slide down, to a normal working space. I looked on this site and many others, but hoping there is more experienced here that will advise me. This is what I find on the back of my monitor: Model: P2214Hb. It has the ability to slide up and down and is a very nice handmedown for me at least. Really like the Dell Monitors, and pc's, and always suggest to my customers to buy them! It also looks to be very compatible to a Wall Mount because it has the little button on back that detaches it from the Stand.

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 11th, 2017 13:00

No idea. I have never even heard of a "Dell designed sliding track". You are going to have to explore those sites offerings.

161 Posts

June 11th, 2017 17:00

Gotcha, I was thinking/hoping this would be available, because I've seen the Tracks, but realize now that they come with all those sophisticated retracting arms and such.  Don't want to spend that much money right now but that looks like what I'll have to buy eventually.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 17th, 2017 09:00

Any VESA (100mm x 100mm) would work. See here and here.

161 Posts

June 10th, 2017 09:00

Hey Chris, sorry it took so long to get back!  I looked at your links but don't see anything there that is acceptable.  What I need is something that provides a Sliding Track only up and down really.  One that would be flush to the wall if possible, perhaps a simple track style, that would slide up and down at least 6in but preferably more.  Right now for instance, I have my Dell Monitor on a big Dictionary, and it also slides up six inches I believe.  So this allows me to view a laptop on my desk in front of my Desktop monitor...very nice, but the Stand still takes up valuable room on my desk.

My monitor also has that little button that looks to allow some kind of mounting on another device, so that is what I was hoping, that it would clip right to a Dell designed sliding track.

Thanks, 1190

No Events found!