Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2015 19:00

P2411H, Power Save Problem monitors goes into loop

Whenever the Windows 7 power management "turns the display off", the monitor enters into power saving mode. However, it gets stuck in a loop, alternately turning the back light off, then displaying "entering power save mode". The monitor power LED stays blue the whole time, and any presses to the monitor buttons displays a message about no input signal.<<< LOOP

I have a desktop using 2 dell DELL P2411H they are using 2 Mini Display Port 1.2 It will go into power save mode then come out of power save mode and go back into it. Its just a 5 second loop so it never goes into sleep mode.  I also have 2 dell Dell P2211H Black 21.5" 5ms they don't go into this loop thing of power save mode. They work just fine. I also replace the video card.

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD ATI 7990 Graphics card

AMD ATI 4890 Grahics card <<<< used for testing

2 Dell P2211H Black 21.5" 5ms

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 17th, 2015 10:00

Apologies for missing this thread. I am confused by your post. The P2411H does not have DisplayPort in? It has DVI in and VGA in? So how are you connecting to a video card that has DisplayPort out? Anytime you go from DP through a converter to a different port, you will run into issues. For this monitor and troubleshooting, you want to be connecting in one of these two ways =
video card DVI out to Monitor DVI in
video card VGA out to Monitor VGA in

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2015 13:00

It is connected from the monitor- DVI to Video card- Mini Display Port adapter. Look up AMD ATI 7990 Graphics card you will see the mini display port.

It is interesting how one screen works fine and goes into screen saver mode the other one does not go into power save mode but just goes into that loop, and yes I have swapped them and the cables and changed the video card with 4 different kinds of cards

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 24th, 2015 13:00

So this your setup?
AMD ATI 7990 mDP out --> mDP to DVI adapter --> DVI to DVI cable --> P2411H DVI in

Are there any video cards with DVI out to test straight DVI to DVI?

3 Posts

November 24th, 2015 16:00

No.... all my cards have mdp out

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 24th, 2015 18:00

If all four monitors are using identical cable configurations =
Video card mDP out --> mDP to DVI adapter --> DVI to DVI cable --> Monitor DVI in

Connect First P2211H as Primary, First P2411H as Secondary. Test Power save
Connect First P2211H as Primary, Second P2411H as Secondary. Test Power save

Connect Second P2211H as Primary, First P2411H as Secondary. Test Power save
Connect Second P2211H as Primary, Second P2411H as Secondary. Test Power save

By the way, the images for the AMD ATI 7990 show four mDP and one DVI?

No Events found!