Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2017 10:00

P2417H, which video cable should I use?

I was recommended to do this by a PC expert. On an installation guide which I received along with the monitor, there are 3 illustrated cables: USB, VGA and DP and the scheme points out that all should be connected to the case. I haven't noticed any malfunctioning with the monitor, but it may be running in lower definition or such. My monitor model is Dell P2417H.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 13th, 2017 06:00

The maximum resolution for both VGA and DP is 1920x1080 60Hz. So you can use either one. Be sure that the windows resolution shows 1920x1080 60Hz.

Incorrect. Only ONE video cable (either VGA or DP) should be connected to the P2417H and the computer or discrete video card.

To access the four P2417H USB downstream ports, the USB upstream cable must be connected from the P2417H USB upstream port and then to a USB port on the computer.

November 17th, 2017 16:00

Thanks. So the three cables are there to match people's needs and electronics , but only one connected cable at a time is necessary? What is the best cable to connect? I think I can connect all three. Is there any difference between these 3 cables' performance?

How can I check what my resolution is?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 18th, 2017 06:00

Thanks. So the three cables are there to match people's needs and electronics , but only one connected cable at a time is necessary?
* Correct.

What is the best cable to connect? I think I can connect all three. Is there any difference between these 3 cables performance?
* As I stated, all three (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA) will max to 1920x1080 60Hz. This monitor does not have built-in audio which would require the HDMI or DisplayPort. So for this model, there is no difference.

How can I check what my resolution is?
* Depends. What operating system are you running?

No Events found!