Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 10:00

P2714T, Windows 10, drivers

That little Microsoft gadget said my hardware and software was compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade. Come to find out, my Dell P2714T monitor is not. Has anyone found a way to get the drivers in the system? The screen won't fill the entire screen! Surely this can be remedied by Dell.  It's a .inf file. I just got this monitor about a year ago.

8 Posts

October 13th, 2015 12:00

After the Windows 10 update I show 2 monitors in DM. Yet I only have the one P2714T. I presume that the upgrade put in a Generic placeholder

In DM both monitors show what appears to be a download arrow on the lower left portion of the icon.

_Under the general tab "This device is disabled. (Code 22)" for both the P2714T & the Generic Non-PnP. Why?

_The driver for the Dell shows version 1.0.0.0. Why?

Everything appears to be working although the resolution is reported as 1024x768 under Graphic options in the Context menu vs a grayed out 1920x1080 in Advanced Display settings.

I'm hesitant to enable the monitor without updated windows 10 specific drivers simply because it is working.  However I feel quite ripped-off having paid a premium price I expect premium performance - from the company as well as the product.  

Fix this. Now. I should not have to say plea$e.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2015 18:00

Is everybody still suffering from this issue?

1 Message

December 24th, 2015 06:00

I sure am - so frustrating.  Every morning unplug monitor to get things working.  I have never seen an issue like this in 20 years.  My right hand does not work very well and it is very difficult process to go through.

Please Dell help us out on this.

4 Posts

January 21st, 2016 16:00

No longer upset. Just very disappointed. I spent nearly $1,000 on two Dell touch monitors; P2714T & P2314T and they both won't wake from sleep. These were my first Dell purchases, after computing since 1981 (Osborne). I can assure you, they will be my last Dell purchases.

But as I'm "stuck" with them now, I will try to make the most of it.

Can it have something to do with the sleep states defined by the driver. My P2714T driver, under Power data, has a Current Power State of D0. It goes on to provide some other info;

Power capabilities:

PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED

PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED

Power state mappings:

S0->D0

S1->D0

S2->D3

S3->D3

S4->D3

S5->D3

When I run powercfg -a from the Command Prompt, my Asus desktop tells me that the following sleep states are available on this system:

Standby (S3)

Hibernate

Hybrid Sleep

Fast Startup

The following sleep states are "not" available on this system

Standby (S1)

Standby (S2)

Standby S0 Low Power Idle)

Not sure why my current power state is D0, which links to (2) power states my system does not support (although the monitor is on obviously). But is it possible that the monitor attempts to go into Sleep State S0, which my system does not support. And that's why I have to crawl under my desk every morning.

Seems like a simple fix to me. Anyone know how to modify a Dell driver? Pretty sure you won't be getting one from Dell.

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 19:00

Haven't had the time to report in, and honestly after all this time I wanted to be sure. Up until about two weeks ago, sure as sunshine, my 27"  monitor would not wake in the morning. I used a wireless AC on/off control so I wouldn't have to crawl under the desk. Then suddenly it started working. The first day I noticed it, my hand bumped my mouse as I was reaching for the on/off remote, No bios or Dell updates. Only Microsoft automatic updates. May have been an Intel driver update, but the date looked old (2015 I believe). Just glad it's working.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 10:00

I still need to unplug and replug in the monitor every morning. Anyone solve it without having to update firmware on a docking station or bios? I'd love to update the firmware on the monitor itself if possible. Since I plugin a variety of different devices (dell laptop, macbook, mobile phone, compaq desktop) into the monitor and it is extremely frustrating to have to reach behind the monitor and unplug the power cable or crawl under my desk to do so.

No Events found!