Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2017 13:00

P2715Q - monitor won't wake from sleep without pulling the power cord

I've seen various other reports of this issue, but no solution that works for me.  I'm currently using a Surface Pro (the new one) along with the Surface dock, and running at 3840x2160, 60hz.  I'm experiencing two issues:

1. occasionally the monitor will go black for a second or so, then resume itself.  Often this is when I maximize an app, but not always.  This only started happening when I upgrade to the current surface pro, which is also the first time I've been running at 3840x2160 on this monitor.

2. the main problem I'm reporting, is that the monitor won't resume from a sleep state 95% of the time.  I have to pull the power cord from the monitor, then plug it back in.  The Surface Pro has no problems awaking from sleep itself.  It is only when I'm hooked in to the monitor.  NOTE - I also experienced this problem with my previous Surface Pro 3.  I tried turning off DDC/CI, but didn't help.  I also did a factory reset. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 8th, 2017 08:00

Remove the dock from this troubleshooting. You should also post on the SP4 Forum to get their thoughts.

* Turn the SP4 (Surface Pro 4) off
* Disconnect the SP4 from the dock
* The SP4 is plugged into its power supply
* Connect the P2715Q directly to the SP4 =
SP4 mDP (Mini DisplayPort) out port --> P2715Q mDP to DP cable --> P2715Q DP in port
* Turn the SP4 on
* Turn the P2715Q on

Now, test the P2715Q using both 60Hz and 30Hz.

60Hz =
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Display -MST
Off = 4k2k 3840x2160 60Hz (MST Enabled)

30Hz =
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Display -MST
Primary = 4k2k 3840x2160 30Hz (MST DP out Enabled)

2 Posts

August 14th, 2017 10:00

thanks for the suggestions.  I've done as suggested, and the monitor works with both 60hz and 30hz modes, though the 30hz mode is much less satisfying. That being said, I encounter the same issues in both 60hz and 30hz, both through the dock and with direct connect to the surface pro (2017).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 15th, 2017 05:00

Since still inside the 3 year warranty period, you may initiate a monitor exchange. Test the replacement before sending any monitor back to Dell. If the replacement monitor does not have the issue, keep it and send us the original monitor. If the replacement monitor has the same issue, I doubt that they both could be defective. Send the replacement monitor back to Dell. Look to the Surface Forums for more advice on the issue and their products.

No Events found!