Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

April 27th, 2019 15:00

P2719HC, USB Type-C, background noise

Hello,

I've recently acquired a new P2719HC and I've seen that when using with a USB Type-C connection, it's making some background noise? Like an electrical buzz. This does not happen when using the P2719HC DP in or HDMI in. At first sight, I thought it was a faulty unit, but I order a replacement and I suffering the same issue. Any idea on this?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 28th, 2019 11:00

* You mentioned, "This does not happen when using DP or HDMI.", which are video in ports. So was your question actually, " P2719HC, background noise inside when using USB Type-C video in connector.", and not referencing the usage of the two USB 3.0 downstream ports?

* If yes, to what PC is the P2719HC and its USB Type-C cable (C to C) connecting?
* What operating system?

* Can you record a video allowing us to hear this noise? Note, you should be recording from the standard 1 Meter/3 Feet from the face of the panel

4 Posts

April 28th, 2019 15:00

Hello Chris,

I'm using the USB Type-C connection for video input from a Dell Laptop Latitude 5490. I'm connecting the USB Type-C cable provided with the P2719HC directly to the USB Type-C available on my Latitude. Under this circumstances, the noise appears. Find attached the video. I've got as well a Desktop PC connected with DP and when I use it through DP no any background noise appears. Some test I made is unplugged the USB 3.0 cable when I notice the noise and it stopped just after remove the cable. Please check video here, it's almost at the end.

4 Posts

April 29th, 2019 03:00

By the way, seems that it's the same issue as described here.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 29th, 2019 05:00

So you are connecting like this =
Latitude 5490 left side USB 3.1/Type-C out port --> P2719HC USB Type-C (C to C) --> P2719HC USB Type-C in port

In the other thread, they were using the non-tested, non-validated Apple hardware. Also, none of them posted a video. You should be recording from the standard 1 Meter/3 Feet from the face of the panel.

4 Posts

May 8th, 2019 03:00

I'm still facing the same issue, and It's really annoying.
These are the tests I've made during last days:

• Plugged monitor by Display Port or HDMI. RESULT: No any noise. This confirms it's something related with USB Type-C
  • Connect my Latitude to monitor with USB Type-C disabling the video image and keep charging the laptop battery. RESULTS: Really low noise that can hardly heard when battery is full charged. Noise while battery is charging below 100%, (that's the scenario where video showed below has been recorded .  This could  confirms that It's  something related with chargind process .
  • And finally, Latitude connected to monitor with Type-C with Video image on extended mode or only monitor makes noise that it's intermitent, It's not always the same level of noise and I can say that with monitor just powered on, noise is not appreciate. It starts after 5-10 minutes of powering on.

Please, check video I've recorded with the sound.

https://youtu.be/CUNifzq0O04

Thanks and regards

DO you think could be something related with USB Type-C cable? what do you thinkg about this tests?
Regards

No Events found!