Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2013 01:00

Pixelated lines on 2408wfp

Hi,

I'm experiencing pixelated lines as shown in the figure, on my 2408wfp monitor which I haven't used that much. Last week it started and it looks like the more I use it since then, the more bands apear. I was wondering if this is caused by a bad display or rather another electronic component. I have fixed displays before, so I'm considering doing the same thing (it's no longer under warranty) but it would be nice to get some pointers such as: is it fixable or not and which components might be causing these symptoms?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Tim

1.1K Posts

February 11th, 2013 09:00

Hi Tim,

I will recommend you to run a Self-Test feauture on the monitor:

1. Turn off both your computer and the monitor.
  2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove both Digital (white connector) and the Analog (blue connector) cables from the back of computer.
  3. Turn on the monitor.
  4. The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains green. 

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

February 11th, 2013 11:00

Dear Vikram,

If I follow the above steps I get the following result:

As you can see the pixelated lines remain.

Best Regards,

Tim

1.1K Posts

February 11th, 2013 11:00

Hi Tim,

You could try changing the power cable and see if that makes a difference. In case the issue still persists, you may consider replacing the monitor as Dell does not have a monitor repair team.

Please reply for any further questions.

No Events found!