bingers246
1 Copper

Problem with E173FP Monitor

Over the last 7 days the Brightness/Contrast Settings window intermittently appears on my Dell monitor E173FP with the curser constantly cycling therough "exit", "Brightness", and "Contrast".  Clicking on the controls of the monitor does not clear the window, and  turning it off, removing it from the PC or power cycling the PC has no effect either.  The control buttons click when pressed so don't seem to be stuck but the box doesn't respond to them at all.  Please does anyone know how I can get rid of this box which sits in the middle of the screen and is very annoying.  Please help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DELL-Prateek K
4 Tellurium

Re: Problem with E173FP Monitor

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would like to know are you able to access the monitor menu?  If yes, reset the monitor  to factory settings. If no, please revert.

Please refer to the below mentioned link for further help:

http://bit.ly/SbVGZU

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
bingers246
1 Copper

Hi Prateek.  Many thanks for your reply.  I have done as you suggest and reset it to factory settings, and the box came back after a few minutes.  I followed the link and had it do a self test which was fine.  Although the box comes back it doesn't continually scroll through the options as it did before, but stops and starts.  Do you have any other procedures that I could try?  Many thanks.  Carol

0 Kudos
DELL-Prateek K
4 Tellurium

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I would suggest you to replace the monitor, it seems that buttons isn't working correctly or the plastic is pressing on the buttons itself. If your monitor is still under warranty please provide me the Service tag or the Express Service code of the system in a private message.

In case you have bought only monitor from Dell than please provide me the CN number (it’s a 20 digit long number which you will find at the rear panel of the monitor)

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jaya2pavan
1 Copper

me to the same problem brother if i found solution i will inform to u .if at all u find u mail me the solution brother

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bingers246
1 Copper

I still have the same problem. Despite resetting to factory settings the box still comes back.  Haven't got around to getting a new monitor yet so just putting up with the black box at the moment.

0 Kudos
ceecee8
1 Copper

I have exactly the same problem as bingers246 above. agree very very annoying. PLEASE  can anyone  help with solution.

0 Kudos
ceecee8
1 Copper

Hi there, a solution has been found. Hooray. Unplug your screen from the power and the computer (ie both leads from the back of your screen).  Carefully, prise the frame off the front of  the screen using a knife blade or screw driver slowly working around the frame edge (This required two people, one to hold, the other to do the work) it was quite difficult but we managed to do it with patience  and care without breaking the frame.When done this will expose the little electronics board where the controls are. Simply unplug the connection to the side of the screen and walla you have the problem fixed. put it all back together and enjoy your screen once again. cheers

0 Kudos