Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

April 13th, 2018 17:00

S2417DG, black bars

I have a Dell S2417DG since 2 days. The corners above are awful. They are darker because bad lighting. I would accept a bit but not so strong. Especially in the price range. My second cheap TN monitor for 199 Euro have this problem not. I have already sent it back.

Dell S2417 DG.jpg  

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 14th, 2018 09:00

* Was this monitor purchased directly from Dell? If not, then from which reseller?
* Check the rear label. What is the 20 digit monitor s/n and A0x revision?

Take the computer, video card, and all cabling out of the troubleshooting. Post pictures of your S2417DG BID (Built-in Diagnostics) (page 40) colored screens showing us the issue.

April 14th, 2018 18:00

No not from Dell. I buy this from Mindfactory in Germany. You find S/N and Revision on picture. I can not do the test anymore, because I've already sent it back. Its a Problem with the LED backlight. The colors especially in the upper corners are much darker because the brightness from LED backlight is not good respectively evenly. I know this problem have all TN panel a little bit, but here it is very strong and affects me already annoying. It is not a cheap monitor. Sry for my bad english.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 16th, 2018 06:00

Understood. Note, based on that picture, this monitor passed our manufacturer specification for "overall" uniformity.

No Events found!