Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2017 10:00

S2417DG, won't show screen can't factory reset

My monitor is hooked through a display port when turned on my computer see's that there's a monitor but nothing happens and it's grayed out in the nvidia control panel. When I tried to factory reset the monitor the only option that comes up is input source, meaning I can't even get to the factory reset option, tried hard reset and nothing.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 26th, 2017 06:00

* Turn the computer and all S2417DG off
* Disconnect all three S2417DG from the computer
* Disconnect the power cable, HDMI cable, and the DP cable from the problem S2417DG
* Press and hold in the S2417DG power button for 10 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the S2417DG
* Connect only the problem S2417DG to the computer via DP to DP cable using the primary GTX 980Ti. Not the secondary GTX 980Ti in SLI
* Turn the computer on, then the S2417DG
* Test all four DP out ports on the primary GTX 980Ti turning the computer off before testing the other DP out ports

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 25th, 2017 10:00

What specific computer model? Operating system? Video card? Video card ports? Was there ever another monitor successfully attached to that same computer DisplayPort?

4 Posts

January 25th, 2017 14:00

I built my own Windows 10 64bit, i7-6850k, 32g mem, x2 gtx 980ti sli.

I had 3 s2417DG hooked in the display ports all three worked when I first hooked them up, now the display port on one is not.

The monitor not working also had an hdmi hooked into it going to a xbox one, the hdmi on it still works. I can play the xbox fine but the DP to the computer does not. I was switching the input back and forth from DP to hmdi. Depending on what was I was doing.

I tried switching cable ports on the card, the port worked with one of the other monitors, the problem monitor still did not work. When I hit the menu button on the monitor I have no options other then switching inputs.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2017 10:00

It worked. When booting up it stayed black until I started clicking the mouse then it popped up, when hooking the other 2 monitors back up the problem monitor turned back off how it was, then I went to the nvidia control panel and had to turn it back on there as well now its back to normal.

Thanks for all your help.

No Events found!