Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2014 19:00

S2440L power saving mode issues

I purchased this monitor three weeks ago and for a week it worked great.  Then it would go into "power saving mode" and would not come back on and locked up my pc to the point where to reboot I had to turn off/on the switch on the surge protector.  Sometimes I had to do this 2 or three times.  I took the monitor back to Best Buy and they traded it out for me.  Same problem.  It would also just blur the picture into a bunch of lines of colored dots.  So I went and bought a straight HDMI to HDMI cable thinking that would solve the issue and it appeared to do so - for a while. In reading this discussion board, it sounds like Dell has manufactured a lemon and is still selling it without any resolution or fix to the problem.  I am thinking that if it is left unattended for any length of time that when it times out, that is when the problem occurs.  So if I have to be away from the computer for any length of time, I shut down completely and then reboot the entire system when I get back.  Needless to say, this is most inconvenient.  .  Let's see if Dell responds to me on this - HA!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 18th, 2014 08:00

First, the personal attack was in violation of the Forum Terms of Use and deleted. Second, it seems odd that two monitors would have the same issue on one computer. Did you test either monitor on a different computer?

No Events found!