Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2017 09:00

S2715H input source

Monitor: S2715H

Issue: input source keeps changing - the monitor goes dark for a second and then comes back on with the input source displayed on the screen ( just like when you go into the options meniu of the monitor and change it;s input source) and keeps on cycling through this until you unplug it. i can;t power it off or access its menu after this starts happening. it does so for a minute or so and then turns off.

Note: i've bought this monitor 2-3 months ago and it has shown this behaviour a couple of time. also if i unplug the vga or hmdi cable it keep going on and off. the cables aren't plug in at the same time. i just tried it with both of them. also i tried changing the monitors option from auto-select input source to a fixed one hdmi or vga with no success this still keeps on happening. this behaviour doesn't seem to be dependent on some sort of event .. just happens i could be playing, browsing the web or just have it sitting there with only the background processes working...

S/N: CN-0720XR-74445-69u-ahyl

Rev A03

it is connected to an ideapad 300 lenovo laptop. resolution 1920x1080

bought from a distributor 

can someone tell me if there's something i need to do, or if this is faulty device?

thank you!

9.4K Posts

April 10th, 2017 11:00

Hi Mihai Sterescu,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful for troubleshooting your monitor. Please run these diagnostics and self-checks to see that the monitor is functioning properly. http://dell.to/2orlauE.

I also found some other information that may be helpful as alternative workaround, please try using a type C to DisplayPort dongle or DA200 dongle with your monitor.

April 11th, 2017 13:00

Hi Robert,

I've tried the tests suggested and i have't found an issue. also the laptop i'm using right now doesn;t have any additional video connectors also tried using an other laptop and used a display port to hmdi dongle and the issue still happened. Thank you for your suggestions.

any other suggestions are welcomed:D Thank you!

9.4K Posts

April 12th, 2017 06:00

If you are still under warranty, then give Tech Support a call, if not then you may wish to consult with a local computer repair shop.

No Events found!