Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2017 05:00

S2716DG, clouding, uneven

Hi to all. I recently bought the s2716dg monitor rev A04 . I love the monitor so far BUT i have a problem . The monitor has no backlight bleed but it has clouding (vertical white patches) in almost the entire screen . I reduced the effect by lowering the brightness to 26 but i can still see them . I cannot see them in colored images , only in dark . It really bothers me at dark panning shots , for example a dark game which i slowly rotate the camera , it looks like the screen is unevenly lit . Is my clouding within rma ? I mean is it considered acceptable. The photo below is almost what it looks in real life ,a little overexposed in the photo  .

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 15th, 2017 05:00

* Turn the room lights on. Dell monitors are not validated in a dark room. All monitors are inspected per industry standard, which is with 150lux ambient lighting (similar to typical office lighting)
* Reset the monitor to Factory Defaults, page 34
* Post pictures of the standalone BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 40, and I will tell you if it meets our manufacturer specifications for overall uniformity

2 Posts

December 15th, 2017 13:00

Hi . I am posting the photos you asked . Room light is on , although because of the camera auto adjusting itself when there are bright colors on the monitor it looks like the light is off which it isn't . I can't see anything wrong in solid colors , but in the black one i see clouding as i described it above . 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 16th, 2017 14:00

We could not exchange this S2716DG. If purchased directly from Dell, you have 30 days from the Dell invoice date to return the S2716DG for refund.

No Events found!