ObsoletePower
1 Copper

SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

I have just received this monitor a couple days ago. The monitor settings are on the right side and are controlled by touch. The Menu light comes on I assume when moving your hand close, thereby detecting your need to access the menu and it lights up. When you take your hand away it turns off the light. I find out that it randomly turns on and then goes out sometimes when I move my mouse (which is pretty far away.

Sometimes when I just stand there looking at the screen it activates. I sit about 2 feet away so there is no way I am tripping the sensor. Would there be a way to adjust the sensitivity or is this normal? I am thinking it could be caused by light flicker. I have a lamp next to the monitor which I use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Moderator
Moderator

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

ObsoletePower,

What happens if you trun the lamp off? Do the LEDs still come on by themselves?



Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
ObsoletePower
1 Copper

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

Well it also happens during the day without the lamp.

0 Kudos
hepworth.josh
1 Copper

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

I just ordered two of the SP2309W monitors and received them today. Currently, one has the menu button lit up constantly while the other is proximity activitated. Is there something wrong with the monitor that has the light on all the time? How do I made it proximity acitivated?

 

EDIT: It seems to have fixed itself, although I would still like to know what could have caused this.

0 Kudos
ObsoletePower
1 Copper

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

My issue still persists. I think I will live with it for awhile and not claim warranty just yet because I need my computer right now. If anyone still has any suggestions please let me know.

I should mention that when I first turn the monitor ON the issue doesn't immediately appear but after some time it gets really frequent.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

I also have an SP2309W monitor, and the menu proximity button has always been "hypersensitive" and will sometimes light up on its own, even if nothing comes near it. If I touch the button, turning on the menu, this behavior goes away and the switch stays unlit, but the hypersensitivity comes back after a while. I think it is just a quirk, of no functional significance, and certainly not worth a warranty replacement, if all else is OK. I had two prior SP2309Ws replaced under warranty because of serious screen problems and this one has been perfect for 6 months. I wouldn't take the chance of getting a significantly defective replacement.

Bob N.

0 Kudos
ObsoletePower
1 Copper

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

I very much agree. I don't think there is too much cause for concern with this problem and certainly not worth the hassle of claiming warranty. If I really get tired of it later on I may ask for a replacement but for the time being, I am perfectly happy with it.

0 Kudos
piconut
1 Nickel

Re: SP2309W touch controls sensor is either too sensitive or malfunctioning

I just bought two of the SP2309W monitors and use them side by side (touching edges) as a dual monitor setup.  The monitor on the left, with the controls on the right seems to always have the bottom control light always lit up (not the power light but the one above that).  I think it is sensing the small amount of heat output from the monitor next to it.  Otherwise, they both seem to run fine.

0 Kudos