Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2010 22:00

SP2309WFP, no picture after a few seconds, power still on

I have seen this problem posted here in old topics but a solution is never posted in reply, please help if there is anything I can do. I have an SP2309WFP 23" LCD monitor with webcam. When I power on the monitor turns on normally, picture looks great for a few seconds, and then it loses picture completely. This happens if the computer is plugged in or not. The monitor's LED remains white as though its power is on when this happens - powering it off and turning it back on means having another few seconds of perfect picture, then blank again. I cannot tell if the picture is still showing sans backlight (if it is, it's too dark to tell). I also can't find a service tag on my monitor. I bought it second-hand from an office but according to Dell's documentation, the warranty should still be good for it, even if that's the case (I just don't think I have any way of obtaining this info).

Thanks for your help!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 30th, 2010 06:00

Go to the top of the monitor board and open, "My monitor doesn't have a service tag number? How do I get service?". You must get the original Dell order number from the seller.

3 Posts

September 30th, 2010 20:00

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I don't have reliable contact info for the seller, as I have not been able to get in touch with them. I have considered taking the monitor to a local technician or repair store, but I would rather not go in blindly, which is why I was seeking help from the community support forum - is this a common issue with a common solution? If so, is it a solution worth pursuing, or is getting a new monitor ultimately the cheaper solution? Otherwise, is Dell able to retrieve the order number based on the other information on the back of the monitor? There is a white label with a serial number. Considering that the monitor model number was first manufactured in 2008 and that they all come with a 3 year warranty, it would be impossible for this monitor NOT to be under warranty still.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 1st, 2010 07:00

Otherwise, is Dell able to retrieve the order number based on the other information on the back of the monitor?
* The PPID number only tells us the build date. It is not tied to the warranty purchased.

it would be impossible for this monitor NOT to be under warranty still.
* But without the order number, we cannot setup an exchange.

* Does the Self-Test screen stay on? If yes, the issue is with your PC video card.

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2010 10:00

No, the self-test screen also goes blank - the problem occurs whether the monitor is plugged into a PC or not.

No Events found!