Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2010 13:00

Sp2309W

I have a dell SP2309W. For some reason, i can'f find the front panel controls. Thepower button is in the bottom right and above that I have 5 tiny little lights that cycle on when i turn the power on. I can find NO other buttons. I have been pressing in the general area of the 5 lights above the power button to no avail.

What in the world am i missing here?

thanks

2 Posts

September 6th, 2011 19:00

Holy cow! I wish this would have come together a year ago =o)...

If I hold that button to make the "lock" appear, and keep holding it after the lock picture goes away in 5 seconds or so, and keep holding it about  15 seconds, it turns to an unlocked padlock.

Then, when I touch that bottom button, above the Power button, a menu appears on the lower right corner of the screen and all the buttons light up for use!!

My favorite monitor is now my even MORE favorite monitor!

Happy day after Labor Day  =o)

2 Posts

i have real al the manuals..they say hwo to USE the controls...NOT where to find them

Using the Front Panel Controls

Use the keys on the front of the monitor to adjust the image settings. 

this is FROM the manual....but WHERE are the keys

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Did you read the Guide on how to use them?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2010 08:00

So your saying that if you press the area directly above the power button (the Capacitive touch keys), the Menu does not appear?

2 Posts

September 6th, 2011 19:00

I have the same issue.

I have the Power button which works fine turning the (awesome) monitor on and off. Also, the touch "button" right above it lights up if I put my hand close to the monitor when it's on.

But if I try and use any of the other touch buttons, following the manual or trying different things on my own, the only one that does anything is that first one right above the Power button -- if I touch it then a graphic of a padlock shows up in the middle of the screen. If I take my hand away and touch it again, it's a locked padlock again... never an unlocked on.

I've had the monitor right around a year -- maybe a little more or a little less -- and have done some looking around for help but never had enough time + interest at once to try and get help from support. Other than wishing I could brighten the display once in awhile, it's been working wonderfully.

If anyone has an answer that would be great! And if I find one I'll post it here.

1 Message

November 10th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the post. I have been searching for the "UNLOCK KEY " for several months.

No Events found!