Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2013 20:00

Stuck or broken monitor power button

1908FP, 2407WFP, and probably many other models

I have 7 or more Dell monitors and just got my first broken power button today. After taking it apart and seeing the incredibly flimsy plastic piece, I am glad I regularly let it sleep rather than use the button. The 10 cent plastic piece is made very thin and flexible, and the actual switch is not directly behind the button (they are with all the other buttons), but set off to the side to make room for an LED. This requires the plastic holding the button to bow severely every time it is pressed. In my case the button lasted a few years before the tabs broke off the button at both ends showing how brittle it had become. One firm press could probably break this even when new. Because the tabs are so small, the only realistic 'repair' is to remove the broken button, use something to poke the switch, and allow it to sleep. The button strip could easily be replaced if only someone would sell them.

Found similar posts on this forum & youtube

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 12th, 2013 10:00

tclarke,

We do not have monitor components like the power button. We simply replace the whole thing while under warranty. You might find someone on ebay selling monitor components.

2K Posts

March 8th, 2013 00:00

Hi tclarke,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to answer the below questions:

(1) Was the monitor purchased from Dell? If yes please provide the purchase order number.

(2) If it was purchased outside Dell, let me know where and when it was purchased?

Thank you so much for providing detailed information about the current issue that you are facing.

Do reply with your answers.

14 Posts

March 11th, 2013 23:00

I checked and the 1908FP that has a broken power button was not purchased directly from Dell. The 3yr warranty I was given has expired, so my only real complaint is I probably can't get a new button strip to fix it properly. I'd be glad to pay for a new part if it was available.

No Events found!