Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2010 09:00

U2410: problems with color temperatures

I have this refurbished U2410:

Now, I'm trying to profile it with my Spider3pro (software version 3.1.5), but I'm having some problems...

I tried to create profiles under preset Standard, AdobeRGB, sRGB and Custom.

I don't know why, but I cannot reach a good result and the big problem is that seems the monitor cannot reach the correct color temperature: I profiled this one, my old Samsung 172W and my netbook Samsung N510: netbook is profiled to 6500°, while the two monitors connected to my desktop are setted to 5800° with 125cd/m^2  of luminance. 

Like you can see from the images, the other two have a correct white balance, while the U2410 don't; it's temperature is always lower of it must be.

I photogaphed the 3 monitors and after I checked via White balance tool:

• Samsung is correct at 5850° about
  • N510 is correst to 6500° about
  • U2410 is NOT correct at 4100° about

I tried several times, triing to reach several color temparature (tried more and more with 6500°), but nothing: the samsung reach always the correct temperature while the Dell not, is always lower.

I have the shoots and the ICM profiles that I created for checking, if you want.

I hope in an help or some suggests.

Thanks

Paolo

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 18th, 2010 11:00

* Download the U2410 Betav3.icm to your desktop
* Right click on the ICM file
* Click Install Profile
* Right click the desktop
* Click Properties- Settings- Advanced- Color Management
* Click Add
* Navigate to the Desktop
* Double-click the ICM file
* In the Color Profiles box, highlight the ICM file
* Click Apply- OK

* Go into the Spider3pro software and tell it to use that ICM file 

11 Posts

October 18th, 2010 12:00

When the monitor arrived, I downloaded the drivers and ICM profile from Dell site.

Now, I have downloaded this one and I compared both with microsoft color management: they are identically. :emotion-18:

I don't understand why, if I made a photo and after I check with white balance tool, others my monitor result with the correct color temperature while the U2410 results always with a lower color temperature! :emotion-8:

Dell U2410 calibrated at 5800°, it results instead at 4100°.........  :emotion-7:

Samsung sm172w calibrated at 5800° is at 5800°.......

And finally, my netbook samsung N510 calibrated at 6500° is exactly at 6500°!

I tried your profile, but  however the situation don't change......

Have you an idea about this strange situation??  :emotion-10:

Languages en>it Google C E
Avete un'idea di questa strana situazione? [: $]

11 Posts

October 20th, 2010 02:00

More details about this problem.......

I profiled agai the monitors at 6500°, here.

this first screeenshot is a comparison of the Dell profile created with Spyder3pro and  the reference AdobeRGB

Instead, here, thare are a comparison from the original Dell icm profile (seems that it has the WB at 5800°) and reference AdobeRGB

If I compare the Dell profile and Samsung profile (both created with SPyder3pro), seems that they are ok: obviously the gamut of Samsung is smaller of Dell, but both seems correctly created at 6500°

Finally....... why if the profiles for Dell U2410 are ok, the visul result seems not correct when the result of samsung seems correct ?!?!? :emotion-7::emotion-6:

Dell's WB:

Samsung's WB:

11 Posts

October 25th, 2010 20:00

Please Chris, I need an answer about this "stange problem".....

Can you or someone of your team say me something, please?

I need to know if the monitor has a problem and if I need to send back to seller to change it, or not. :emotion-18:

Here I attacched more informations.

Same situation:

• both Samsung and Dell calibrated and profiled at 6500°, 175cd/m^2 with Spyder3Pro.
  • After, I photogaphed both monitor and measured the white balance.

Samsung result ok at 6500°......

Instead Dell seems to have a lower WB, 4300° about......

But, if I measure again the monitor via Spyder3pro, all seems ok:

http://vittorinox.interfree.it/Dell_U2410/_Samsung_172w(6500)-checkCAL.jpg

http://vittorinox.interfree.it/Dell_U2410/_Dell_U2410(6500)-checkCAL.jpg

Like is it possible?!? :emotion-7:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 27th, 2010 10:00

All we are going to say is Reset the Colors to Factory defaults. If those do not meet your approval, return it. We are not going to do the same color tweaking you are performing.

20 Posts

October 27th, 2010 12:00

I was having pinkish hues with my U2410 and I killed it by adjusting settings in my graphics cards.

Specifically, I have a ATI HD Radeon 5770, and I went into the "Color Temperature Control", clicked on "Use Extended Display Identification Data", and applied.  Then unchecked the option and modified it manually to 7200K and applied.  Then clicked "Defaults" and applied and it went back to 6500K, but now all the hues were gone and all the colors seem right again.  What's odd is that it started at 6500K and I could see the color was off, but after tweaking it and applying and then bringing it back to it's original setting, the correct settings seemed to override and now everything's working fine again.

11 Posts

November 17th, 2010 00:00

I know this bug but my problem is different and not connected to this one.

Thanks a lot however.

No Events found!