Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 23:00

U2410 won't wake up from power save

I just bought a U2410 and started using it. Everything works well except for one show stopping problem. When I remote desktop into my computer and the monitor goes into power save mode it won't come back out of powersave mode until I pull the DVI cable out of the back and plug it back in. This is very annoying since I remote desktop into my computer every day. The monitor does come out power save when the pervious access was via the console not RDC.  I own a 2407wfp and it does not have this problem. Is my computer just not compatible the new U2410?

My computer
Studio XPS 435MT
Windows 7 x64
ATI HD4670
Catalyst 9.7

Any Ideas?

2 Posts

February 18th, 2010 07:00

I have the same problem with the U2410 Rev 00. We bought 11 U2410 for a multimonitor project. So we could doing a lot of cross test, since we have a lot of them.

We seeing this issue on two of eleven monitors, all REV 00: Switching off the monitor on the power button, waiting 5 seconds, and then trying to switch it on again. The monitors remains in Power Safe Mode. On Linux one can restart the Xserver and he will awake, but on Windows XP we haven´t found a trick to wake him up. Conenction between grafic cards and monitors is done by D-Port cable (10m).

We also changed the monitors to make sure it is not a grafic card issue. There are working well!

Our spec is:

Client 1:

Linux Redhat 5.X

2x NVIDIA Quadro NVS 490 (4 D-Port Links each)

6x DEll U2410f REV00

Client 2:

Windows XP SP3

1x NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295 (2 D-Port Links each)

2x DEll U2410f REV00

We do not find any solution yet... thinking that early release of this monitor is quite buggy, since we have another issue related to this monitors, which I am going to post here too.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

On the two monitors, when they do not wake up, press the Input Select button, does it say DisplayPort or did it switch to VGA?

2 Posts

Hi Chris,

thx for the quick response.

If I doing so, a warning messaging comes up saying that there is no signal coming from the computer. The Input is set to D-Port not to VGA.

Greetings

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 18th, 2010 08:00

Ok. Get them replaced.

4 Posts

February 18th, 2010 23:00

Too late for me, I already returned the monitor after getting very pore phone support on this issue from Dell. Now that I see how bad Dell's monitor support is I am seriously thinking about never buying another dell monitor again. The good news is that my 2407WFP does not have this problem or any other for that matter, it's just missing an HDMI port that I really wanted. Given how bad the user interface is on the u2410 for switching back and forth between video source like HDMI to DVI. I don't think I want to buy another dell monitor anyway until that issue is corrected. The 2407WFP is so much easier to change sources, I don't know what Dell was thinking when they designed the u2410.

1 Message

September 16th, 2010 22:00

How do I check the REV of my dell U2410f monitors? 

There is no serial number, revision, input voltage, power consumption or any tag i can find on the monitor itself.

1 Message

September 30th, 2010 05:00

check the id plate at the left side of your U2410, near de memory card reader..

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2786/dellu2410identifyplate.png

1 Message

December 22nd, 2017 11:00

I think (emphasis on think) I've solved this problem by following the advice from andy01 on this thread. I found that thread while trying to figure out why my PC suddenly started going to sleep every few minutes. Making that registry change stopped the sleep problem and mostly stopped my monitor from shutting down. I've only had to unplug the monitor once in the past 2 weeks to wake it up, whereas before it was happening at least once a day. Power save behaves somewhat differently now -- it displays my lock screen image when it wakes up, but clicking any key returns it to its normal state. (I had previously turned off power save altogether. That worked, but seemed wasteful.)

My monitor is connected to a Lenovo Windows 10 64 bit computer.

-- Robert

No Events found!