Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2013 23:00

U2412M connections with PC -DVI and TV-hdmi signal?

Hi!

I want to connect hdmi-TV-signal to my Dell U2412M monitor. This monitor I already use with Desktop PC (DVI cable). I want to have both, PC signal and TV signal on the same monitor. Is it possible? How to do that? Display Port? Hdmi to DisplayPort cable? What about sound? (My Graphic card has DVI and HDMI output). Here's the specs of Dell U2412M:  

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

This is situation:                                                                                                  

----------Tv-signal (hdmi)-------------------->--------------------| DisplayPort   ?    

monitor        

---------DVI signal from Desktop PC -------->----------------|DVI                         

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 31st, 2013 09:00

fenekus

The monitor does not have audio in/out abilities. All it can do is power the attached Dell Soundbar. But the Dell Soundbar connects to the TV device audio out port to get sound.

In theory, you would connect the HDMI to DP cable from the TV device HDMI out port to the U2412M DP in port. Power both devices on, press the monitor Menu button, choose Input Source, choose Display Port.

No Events found!