Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

November 19th, 2018 01:00

U2412M, right corner, dark

My 6-years old Ultrasharp U2412M has started to have dark bottom right-hand corner. It only happens when I turn the monitor back on after having it off for a while (with PC still running). This goes back to normal when I turn the monitor off once more and back on - occasionally it needs 2 attempts. Do you know what is causing this and if this is repairable? Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 19th, 2018 07:00

Dell cannot speak to the repair since we do not do them. We only exchange them while still under the purchased warranty period. If outside of the purchased three year warranty period, your only recourse is to take it to a local Monitor/TV repair center to see if they can disassemble and diagnose the defective internal component. Then look for the internal component on 3rd party sites. Note, the cost of diagnosis and repair might outweigh the current used market value of the monitor. You should post pictures of the display while running the stand alone Built-in Diagnostics, page 42.

2 Posts

November 19th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for your response. I was aware that it was out of warranty, so you (Dell) couldn't repair or replace it. I was only wondering if it's a common issue and seeking someone's opinion. But thanks anyway. It seems it's probably time to replace it for a new model.

No Events found!