Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2012 08:00

U2412M with Inspiron 660s slim tower?

Hi,

Before buying a new PC and a monitor, I would like some simple technical explanation or suggestion. I am not sure if this is the right forum. Sorry.

I am interested in a monitor with aspect ratio 16: 10. (Nicer for surfing, writing and adventure games).

I only found Ultrasharp U2412M in the 24” (max. 1920*1200pixels) list. It has no HDMI connection but it has VGA, DVI-D, Display Port and USB.

The desktop Inspiron 660s slim tower (I did not buy it yet) has only HDMI and VGA connections.

Do I have to buy an adapter HDMI male to dualDVI-D female  and a dual DVI-D cable to make it work? Or are there better solutions for what I want? (Shootthemup games aren’t my thing.)  Should I buy a different video card? If yes, wich one? As I understand it, DP is newer than HDMI DP, but DP on the monitor has an issue for the moment.  Maybe I just don’t need DP anyway. Or for the future?

Could someone help with their experience or knowledge?

Thanks

September 7th, 2012 09:00

Hi mimimij,

You can order the Inspiron Desktop 660S with a discreet video card. There are 2 options of video cards offered with the Inspiron Desktop 660S-

• NVidia GeForce GT 620
• AMD Radeon HD 7570

The NVidia GeForce GT 620 has VGA, HDMI and DVI ports. You can connect a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M monitor using the VGA or the DVI ports with this card.

The AMD Radeon HD 7570 has DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and VGA ports. With this video card installed on the system, you can connect the monitor using the VGA, DVI or the DisplayPort. DisplayPort is the latest technology.

You can choose from any of the above mentioned options. They should meet your requirements.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

No Events found!