Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2013 14:00

U2412M

Hello, I've bought the U2412M monitor some time ago and am very satisfied with it. I would like to ask one thing thouh. I always use it's power button to turn it on when I turn on my PC and to turn it off when I turn off my PC. Should I just leave it on all the time so that it  would turn on when I turn on the master switch for my power outlet (which powers my PC, monitor and other peripherals)? Could monitor sufffer from such use ok would that be OK? Thanx! :)

July 5th, 2013 18:00

Hi Bellzemos,

When you turn off the computer, the monitor goes into stand by mode. The monitor consumes negligible power in stand by mode.

When you turn off the electrical outlet, the monitor completely goes off. When you switch on the mains again, if monitor's previous state was on, it will automatically start without having to press the power button on it.

I would suggest connecting the computer and monitor to a surge protector to avoid any damage due to power surges.

Hope this helps.

July 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi Bellzemos,

You may keep the monitor on. The monitor automatically goes to stand by or power saving mode when it is not receiving any signal from computer.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

3 Posts

July 5th, 2013 16:00

So this means it's safe to let the electricity run through it in the (permanent) standy-by mode? That I power it up by powering up my main electrical outlet instead of pressing the monitor power on button? If yes and if it's safe then thank you and this is solved. :)

3 Posts

July 5th, 2013 21:00

Yes, I know.

I never felt the need to use a surge protector, never had any problems with electricity in such way here.

I'll leave the monitor on all the time and power it on/off by switching on/off the mains.

Thank you for your help! :)

July 8th, 2013 16:00

Hi Bellzemos,

I am glad you found the information helpful.

Please reply if you have any further questions. I would be happy to assist you.

No Events found!