Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2011 09:00

U2412M

Hi

We're connecting my new U2412M to my Samsung laptop on Windows 7 via VGA cable but I'm getting flickering of the screen.  On a white background it's not as noticeable, but on dark backgrounds there is a noticeable flicker.  The refresh rate is set 60 Mhz and I've updated the drivers to version 1.0.0.0.  I'm surprised there are not newer drivers out there for this monitor.

I'm considering returning this monitor and getting a new one.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 28th, 2011 14:00

VGA is the least desirable connection. If you have hdmi or display port, use that. Or test the monitor on another computer preferably a desktop with hdmi or dvi connections to see if the monitor works OK. If not contact Support. The problem is probably your laptop's video card. Try resetting the win 7 display settings on the laptop. Monitors don't require drivers-the drivers are for the buttons on the monitor. A new monitor will most likely have the same problems.

December 28th, 2011 23:00

Hi Mary,

I did some forum searching and it turned out to be a ground loop causing electromagnetic interference between the AC adapter for the laptop and the monitor.  I unplugged the laptop AC and the monitor display quit flickering.

Thanks,

Ryan

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 29th, 2011 13:00

Glad you found an answer, but is that acceptable? It should work with the adapter. Perhaps try a different wall outlet for the adapter. Is the adapter working OK--no frayed wires or loose connections? At least it is not your new monitor.

December 29th, 2011 16:00

No it isn't acceptable, but we did try another laptop and it worked perfectly fine.  

We tried another outlet and that too did not fix the outlet.  There are other forum solutions recommending you to remove the grounding from the adapter.  Although this may not be an ideal solution, it seems to work.

No Events found!