Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2015 02:00

U2413, DDM (Dell Display Manager) not seen in DisplayPort 1.2 mode?

Hi,

I have a Dell U2413, connected through mDP to my Asus STRIX GTX 750Ti OC. As soon as I switch from DisplayPort 1.1a to DisplayPort 1.2 mode, DDM doesn't recognize the monitor anymore, showing a red cross in the icon in the task tray and, when hovering over it, showing "Please connect a supported DELL monitor". As soon as I switch back to 1.1a again (after re-powering the monitor) DDM recognizes it again. While researching what the cause could be, I found this post: en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19501339

which describes the same symptoms. I didn't want to post in that thread as the date is from 2013, had no resolution, and I wanted to post a new descriptive title.

My config:

- Asus STRIX GTX 750Ti OC, Driver v347.52;
- Dell U2413
- Dell Display Manager v1.21.0.1500
- Windows 8.1 Pro

Thanks in advance.

234 Posts

February 19th, 2015 03:00

Its not that Dell Display Manager doesn't recognize the monitor, its that it cannot communicate with it when DP1.2 is enabled because of handshaking problems between the graphics driver and the monitor firmware. As you found in the older post you point to, this is a problem common to a lot of first generation DP1.2 enabled monitors - not just from Dell and not just with one GPU vendor.

Start DDM, then while holding down the SHIFT key, right-click on the DDM system tray icon and select "Save diagnostic report..." from the popup menu. Then open the saved file in Notepad, and you'll find your U2413 is recognized and that the communication failure is logged...

No Events found!