Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2014 06:00

U2413, draw a purple overlay on video playback

Hi

I have two Dell U2413 monitors and facing the problem, that the monitor draws a purple half transparent rectangle over video clips (YouTube, Video2Brain trainings). It's not the graphic card, because I've already tried it with an external one and if I take a screenshot, you don't see the rectangle. I also tried DisplayPort and DVI, no difference. The problem doesn't appear on a different Dell monitor model. So, is going wrong with my U2413's? I have a service tag, but I can't contact the support with it, it says 'not registered in that region'. Newest monitor drivers are installed ( the one from 2013 I think).

Regards,
GarfieldKlon

1 Message

October 8th, 2019 06:00

I too did have this problem. But I have solved it. There is NOTHING wrong with your U2413's. It's just a setting you have turned on.

* Press the U2413 Menu button
* Go to Display Settings
* Toggle Smart Video Enhance to Off

SmartVideoEnhance.JPG

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 24th, 2014 12:00

that the monitor draws a purple half transparent rectangle over video clips (YouTube, Video2Brain trainings)
* Both monitors or just one of them?

It's not the graphic card, because I've already tried it with an external one
* External video card?

I have a service tag, but I can't contact the support with it, it says 'not registered in that region
* It may have originally shipped from a different region.

Laptop or Desktop computer?
Operating system?
video card?

If you installed the Dell DDM Monitor software;
* Open the DDM (Dell Display Manager)
* Click Auto Mode. This should open the Auto Mode tab
* For all listings, change them to Standard and re-test

December 25th, 2014 02:00

Both monitors have this problem. Yes, external video card, Radeon HD 6450 instead of the internal HD 4000. But problem solved, replaced it with two Dell U2410 monitors from one that left the company. I don't have any patience anymore with these monitors. I've already replaced one of them a few months ago because it has some strange graphic problems. Just annoying if we keep in mind the price.

No Events found!