Start a Conversation

Unsolved

ET

2 Posts

June 20th, 2019 05:00

U2414H, Amazon, glitching, flickering

Hi,

I bought the U2414H 2 days ago off Amazon. Unfortunately the screen shows glitches when I connect it to my laptop. However, when I unplugged the laptop, the glitching stopped immediately & when I ran the monitor's self diagnostic test and everything seems to be fine on the monitor with the laptop unplugged. I made a short video illustrating the issue. The U2414H came with a Display to FireWire port, but since my laptop only supports HDMI, Thunderbolt, and USB. I improvised with an HDMI to HDMI cable. I even bought a second high-speed HDMI to HDMI cable but the issue still persists. I have also tried different laptops and the issue still persists. What could be the issue and how can I mitigate it?

Thanks in advance

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 24th, 2019 07:00

* Click my Dell-name and private message me the U2414H service tag number and/or 20 digit alphanumeric serial number

"U2414H came with a Display to FireWire port"
No FireWire. The U2414H has the following video in ports = DP, mDP, HDMI, HDMI

* What specific Laptop model?
* What operating system?
* List every video out port on the Laptop

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 24th, 2019 11:00

* Click my Dell-name and private message me the U2414H service tag number and/or 20 digit alphanumeric serial number

* Is there a desktop computer there with HDMI out port to test the U2414H and those HDMI to HDMI cables?

* Did you test both of the U2414H HDMI in ports?

* Consider purchasing locally or online a USB Type-C/TB3 (Thunderbolt 3) to DP cable and testing this =
Razer Blade Stealth USB Type-C/TB3 out port --> USB Type-C/TB3 to DP cable --> U2414H DP in port

June 24th, 2019 11:00

"U2414H came with a Display to FireWire port"
Sorry I meant Cable with DP cable

* What specific Laptop model?

Razer Balde Stealth 2016

* What operating system?
Windows 10

* List every video out port on the Laptop
HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 & USB 3

No Events found!