Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 15th, 2014 20:00

U2414H Display Port Issues - Strange Behavior

Just to confirm for the doubters out there, I am also experiencing the mysterious behavior with the U2414H display ports.

I recently bought 2 of them and both have had the issue.

I have them daisy chained together. 

As others have confirmed, this is not a video card/driver issue.

If it occurs with the first monitor in the chain, I loose both monitors.

Disconnecting power and reconnecting seems to reset the monitor and fix this issue ... until the next time it occurs.  Turning them off and on with the power button does not seem to fix the issue.

I suspect many people will not experience this if they have their monitors connected to a power bar that is switched off occasionally to do the reset (this could be why there are not more complaints).

I will be looking into returning them.  Of course I have thrown away the packaging now so returns will be a pain....

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 16th, 2014 11:00

No one is doubting that there are issues with this monitor. What computer? Video card? Video card ports? Our Precision M7800 laptop had this issue. But rolling back to the Dell GPU driver fixed it.

4 Posts

October 18th, 2014 11:00

Computer is Dell Studio 9100

Graphics Card is Asus AMD Radeon HD 6850

Graphics Card Bios Version is 013.009.000.003

Graphics Card Driver Version is Catalyst Version 14.9 (latest version)

I use Dell 2309W in the middle of the two Dell U2414 Monitors connected with DVI connection.

I use the 2309W in the middle for the built in camera.  I also like the extra resolution of 2048x1152 on my main display.

The two U2414 are running of course in a different resolution on the sides at 1920x1080.

Yes this seems weird but looks amazing.

1 Attachment

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 20th, 2014 10:00

Check the OS power settings. For example,  turns out that on 'Balanced' power, it turns off DisplayPort functionality on Windows 8. Changing to High Performance and re-plugging it fixed the problem.

* Click Start
* Enter power in the search bar
* Click Choose a power plan
* Click Show additional plans
* Click High Performance
* Close the window and test

No Events found!