Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2015 20:00

U2414H black screen DisplayPort Lower Setting Applied

I have a dell precision M4800 laptop with docking station and two U2414H monitors.

* Windows7

* AMD FirePro M5100 FireGL V

* I'm using the supplied miniDisplayPort cables that came with the monitor

* The docking station has two ports DP outputs (Video 1 and Video 2)

* I've only tried the miniDisplayPort inputs on the monitor

* The monitor was bought through Dell

One monitor is working perfectly fine, and works with either cable and with either DP output (so I'm assuming that the docking station and cables are fine).

The other monitor however only shows a black screen (this if its plugged in as a single monitor or if I try to add them both together).

Windows displays this warning when it gets plugged in:

Display Port Lower Setting Applied

"The System has detected a problem with the connection between your computer and the DisplayPort display that will prevent you from using the highest resolutions and/or refresh rates."

The monitor shows a black screen and is configured with miniDisplayPort as the Input Source.

If I try to bring up the OSD the following message appears:

"There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up. If there is no display, press the monitor button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen-Display menu."

I wasn't able to do an reset to factory settings via the OSD, but I was able to toggle the DisplayPort 1.2 setting (based on holding the Menu down for 8 seconds). I tried with it both enabled and disabled for the same result.

6 Posts

February 8th, 2015 19:00

Thanks for the response Chris,

As of right now everything is working, I'm a little hesitant to reboot in case something goes awry again, but for now all is good.

In the end I did the following:

* Updated the BIOS

* Configured the BIOS to disable switchable graphics (which means AMD card is used)

* Updated AMD drivers

* Unistalled Dell monitor driver

* Plugged the monitors into the docking station, then ran the DELL Monitor driver software - it detected both monitors and installed the software.

* Things still weren't 100% with the dodgy monitor - but I tweaked the DisplayPort 1.2 settings and its now working. (If I got to the OSD the 'display settings' show Display Port 1.2 > Disable).

I've put the laptop to sleep overnight and it work up and all the monitors came back on (yay), but I'm yet to do a reboot since I got things working.

I'll close this issue though as of right now things are working. Thanks for the suggestions (as the various testing that I was doing based on your suggestions led me through the above steps to get it working).

6 Posts

February 1st, 2015 22:00

Note the Self Test and Built In Diagnostic as described in the below link function as expected.

en.community.dell.com/.../4487.monitor-self-test-factory-reset

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 5th, 2015 08:00

What are the U2414H 20 digit serial numbers?
What are the U2414H revisions A00, A01, A02, A03?
Can you remove the working U2414H from the setup? Test the problem U2414H by itself on both of the dock DP out ports to mDP in on the monitor.
Do you have a DP to DP cable to test DP in on the problem U2414H?

No Events found!