Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

October 26th, 2018 11:00

U2415 Intermittent Daisy Chaining

I have 3 U2415 monitors purchased new in 2016 and I have to say I love the way they look, the panels are excellent.  However, I have still not figured out a consistent way to get daisy chaining to work.  I am using:

Custom PC with Core i7 4790 / GTX970, connected to mini displayport

as well as 

HP Zbook 14 g4  (work laptop, not my choice) with Core i5 7300u / HD Graphics 620, connected to full displayport via dock

both using quality, known good cables.

The monitors are all June 2016 build dates, revision A03.

The first monitor in the chain has DP 1.2 enabled, as does the second, and the third monitor has DP 1.2 disabled.  

I had to install this driver to get this setup to work with the PC, else only two of the three would show anything.  The PC usually works, but when it doesn't I have to unplug the power from (at minimum) the first monitor to get it to come up.  After that, it has always continued to work until I power the computer off / put it to sleep.  Then all bets are off.

I installed the same driver on the laptop and had the setup going (with audio) for the entirety of last night and early this morning.  It was a juggle of plugging displayport, power in at the right time to get it to work but afterward it was solid.  This morning I was using it but walked away to get some breakfast and the laptop went to sleep; upon waking it I can't get anything past the first monitor to show up, and that is only after cycling the power on the monitor and replugging the displayport cable.  Only the one shows up in the displayport topology on the HD Graphics control panel. 

I am frustrated and have exhausted these forums for solutions as well as other sites.  Hope someone here has something I missed.

No Responses!
No Events found!