Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2016 15:00

U2417H, HDMI not detected

Hi Chris, I received a U2417h monitor as a replacement for the faulty U2414h, the first day seems ok.  But in the 2nd day when I turn on the computer from monitor's power saving mode the monitor wouldn't detect my hdmi cable, I had to turn off the monitor, unplug and re-plug the cable, turn monitor back on and then it would work but then it would randomly go into black screen with the hdmi cable not detected floating box again and I had to redo everything again.  I don't think it's my hdmi cable's problem since I've used it for the previous monitor without any issues.  It's getting way too frequent and it's really annoying.  I'm trying to turn off auto detect input source from osd menu, see how it goes.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 4th, 2016 10:00

Before getting the monitor replaced, I would test a different HDMI to HDMI cable. If the computer is on and you restart it, does the issue occur? Can you replicate the monitor issue on another computer?

8 Posts

June 4th, 2016 16:00

Basically my monitor won't wake from sleep mode, my PC can power on by pressing the power button just fine which should wake up the monitor but in this case it doesn't , the monitor remain sleep.  I suspect it has something to do with the Bios power management setting, mine is set to S3 at the moment.  It's probably easy to fix by tweaking some options but I just don't know exactly which options to tweak.

8 Posts

June 5th, 2016 15:00

I tried turning the monitor off instead of going to sleep mode after I power off the pc.  So every time I wants to use it I just turn on the monitor first then my pc and it would work.  But my question is does it effect the longevity of the monitor by turning it off instead of going into sleep mode?  Does it wear the monitor hardware faster so I could get less use of it in the long term?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 5th, 2016 16:00

No, in fact it should lengthen the life of the monitor since it is in a true off state for periods of time. Not sure about the computer bios. I guess you could experiment with its settings.

No Events found!